K40 mini rotary. Higher quality made

Tony1976

Re: K40 mini rotary. Higher quality made

Post by Tony1976 »

Is it possible to bypass the stepper drivers on the k40 Lihuiyu board to use an external driver without replacing the whole board? All the options I have found involve replacing the main board as well.
Techgraphix

Post by Techgraphix »

Don't know.. If you are quite good in electronics you can do some reverse-engeneering and find where on the board you find the step-and dir signals.. If you can get these out and do with it whatever you like.. Tip: check the datasheets of the IC's..
Any stepperdriver that can handle the supplyvoltage and current should be usable
What my circuit does is switch the step and dir pulses from the Y-axis to the rotational axis and enable the rotational-stepperdriver.. (which is disabled at default, to plug in the rotational while the machine is live..)
The Y-stepperdriver stays active but it doesn't move the motor so the Ymotor will stay fixed at his position and will not move freely when it's aligned.

Kees
Tony1976

Post by Tony1976 »

Maybe I could figure out which input pin is what but I think it may just be easier to change the gearing so that the travel is corrected. When I have it working I will post my solution here for anyone else using the rotary with the k40 Lihuiyu board.
Tony1976

Post by Tony1976 »

Been away awhile but now am going to go ahead and change the gear pulleys. At the moment the distance travelled 4.5mm for every 1mm so I am change the gears to a 10T on the Motor and 45T on the cylinders.

Before I do can change the pulleys can I have advice on the best removal/type of fitting method of the pulley already fitted. Are they taper locked? If so which way is the taper direction? Or are they locked using another method?

Thanks.
Tony1976

Post by Tony1976 »

Can you answer this please, at the moment I am still unable to use the rotary device. If it is taper locked I need to know which way so that I dont tighten it up when I am trying to get it off, if you get what I mean? If it is locked in another way please le me know what it is because I cannot see any grub screws holding it on.
Techgraphix

Post by Techgraphix »

I can answer this: I really don't know as I do not even know how your rotary looks like.. If you post a decent closeup of the pulley fixed to the motor, Maybe I can see how to pull them off..
But on the other hand.. If you plan to place a new pulley, why don't take a small saw...

Kees
Tony1976

Post by Tony1976 »

Techgraphix wrote:I can answer this: I really don't know as I do not even know how your rotary looks like.. If you post a decent closeup of the pulley fixed to the motor, Maybe I can see how to pull them off..
But on the other hand.. If you plan to place a new pulley, why don't take a small saw...

Kees
It the exact one shown at the start of this thread but here is a picture with a better view of the part.

I have 2 larger pulleys so that the turning ratio improves but I just need to get these off first without breaking the rotary.

Thanks, for your help.
Attachments
20150909_214448.jpg
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

You need to use a special tool to remove the pulley similar to this one: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/3 ... SY300_.jpg

We customized a few and asked if anyone interested. But seems no one interested so I didn't order. When you try to put back a pulley, make sure you have to use a vise and a support to the shaft end is NECESSARY. Otherwise, you will damage the motor if you try very hard to push a pulley into the shaft

Marco
DonL

Post by DonL »

NickWL wrote:It is much prettier than mine! (I bought an early design (prototype?) 'cos I was desperate)
But now that I've tamed it I'm deep into engraving 'Somerset Cider Brandy' onto the second hundred brandy glasses with my old rotary, it's running beautifully.
Because the old design didn't have coated rollers I 'painted' three or four layers of latex onto the rotating rollers just at the point where the glass bowl touches and this prevents both scratching and slipping. This shouldn't be necessary with the new coated rollers.
Nick

My rotary arrived the other day and I guess something was hard against one roller because the silicone coating has a flat spot, hopefully it will rebound, if not I may try filling it with silicone caulking...
I am anxious to wire the puppy up and use it but I need some gudance as I have a 2 Phase 4.2A 1-axis Stepping Motor Driver. Support to Nema 16~34. Leetro replacement and don't know if it will do the job or what switch settings work best or where to put the wires other than power, ground, this has DIR + DIR - PUL + PUL - So what do I use or is this the wrong driver for the LO-X7 to use on the U table???
DonL

Post by DonL »

Please disregard my last, I found the spec sheet on the stepper driver and figured it out. Also figured out the table goes on the Y axis so...

what if I set up a tripple pole double throw switch between the 708 controller and the two drivers? That should work OK I would think, or a tripple pole double throw relay. Would there be any issues I should be aware of?

And I was thinking about the 5v circuit, is that common across all the axis outputs therefore I could get away with a double throw double pole sitch and just switch the DIR and PUL circuits between the Y driver and the Mini Table Driver to select or or the other?

Any advice would be appreciated. :D

Don
mandomagnon

Post by mandomagnon »

Hi

I was using my rotary without a problem, then I installed the new version of laser cad 77
aster that the rotary stopped working. I can move in X or Y manually but once I press start it will not work. Any help is greatly appreciated
DonL

Post by DonL »

Has anyone tried using a DPDT or TPTT switch to switch between the Y axis and Rotary Table?

Either one of these layouts?
switches.JPG
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

I discussed a bit with the prorammer about this issue. I made a suggestion to him that if we can take an advantage from using the 4th axis control to serve as a rotory. The U axis is normally reserved for the materials feeder but seldom being used in majority. Do why wast it if we can use it on rotary and if that works out, we no longer need to detached the Y axis for the rotary.

He is going to spend a few days to make change on the U axis, verbally. Hope that he can carry out his promise. Let's double fingers it..

Marco
DonL

Post by DonL »

Tech_Marco wrote:I discussed a bit with the prorammer about this issue. I made a suggestion to him that if we can take an advantage from using the 4th axis control to serve as a rotory. The U axis is normally reserved for the materials feeder but seldom being used in majority. Do why wast it if we can use it on rotary and if that works out, we no longer need to detached the Y axis for the rotary.

He is going to spend a few days to make change on the U axis, verbally. Hope that he can carry out his promise. Let's double fingers it..

Marco
That would be excellent! Also I may have solved the issue of a small laser not being deep enough for anything bigger in diameter than 1 or 2 Inches on the rotary.

What if I made a lazer head 90 degrees by adding another mirror. You could then easily engrave a much larger object as you would not have to stay below the laser head and at the focal point. The focus would be front to back not up and down and the case of the laser itself would be a safety shield from the beam firing with no object it would just hit the inside of the cabinet... (Thick black line in drawing) 2 small laser heads could be cut and joined to make this.... Grind the curved in hole on one flat so the two could be bonded at 90 degrees...
Attachments
mod2.JPG
mod2.JPG (36.19 KiB) Viewed 4841 times
mod1.JPG
mod1.JPG (34.05 KiB) Viewed 4841 times
Tim

Post by Tim »

Marco, are you going to have the programmer update the R8 as well?

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”