Can't Import SVG with Cut & Grey Scale?

MikeF

Can't Import SVG with Cut & Grey Scale?

Post by MikeF »

Three steps forward, one backward. Got my T9 installed and running. I can do straight vector work, but SVG files from InkScape or AI that worked under my former (crappy) control board do not import the gradients or grey scale engraving into LightObject/LaserSoft.

I feel like a noob, and apologize if this is answered elsewhere, but I couldn't find it.

SVG files from InkScape that have multiple layers for cuts, vector "engraving", and gradient and grey scale engraving seem to import the engraving components as distorted vector shapes or uniform fills. The AI files I bring over from Adobe Creative Suite 2020 on my Mac don't import at all.

Is there a save-as format I should be using in InkScape or AI-2020 to get better import to LaserSoft? Is there a way to Fill with grey or gradients within LaserSoft?

These feel like really basic questions that I should have solved on my own, but I'll take a beating if it gets me my answers. Thanks.
Tech_Marco

Re: Can't Import SVG with Cut & Grey Scale?

Post by Tech_Marco »

The T9 doesn't support a true grayscale. It shows gray effect through 'dithering'
It only takes .SVG for cutting or engraving in solid color.
MikeF

Post by MikeF »

So... I can't import mixed vector/raster files from InkScape and the like? Should I have gotten the X7 or R6?
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

You can download the software "LaserCad" or "LaserCut" for testing. It is not about the controller but the software.
I don't have your file so I'm not sure what 'grayscale' that you're trying to achieve

Marco

Return to “DSP T9”