No PPI setting

jkarpy

No PPI setting

Post by jkarpy »

I recently upgraded to the new DSP T9 from and older version using LaserCad 7.77.3. In the old software I was able to set PPI per layer. This was crucial for soft balsa and detailed parts. I was able to lower my PPI to make the finer cuts. with the new software that came with the T9, I do not see this setting. I have my laser frequency set at 2500 which is the lowest setting but that does not help. all I do is burn out the fine details.

PPI.PNG
PPI.PNG (19.97 KiB) Viewed 4021 times
I am also seeing an issue with importing multi layer files. The color assignment for a standard blue for instance does not exist in your selection. So the software gets confused as to which settings to apply. If I use the select by color tool and choose blue, the software will select green instead. I am now assigning new colors when I import a new file to solve the problem.
Tech_Marco

Re: No PPI setting

Post by Tech_Marco »

Go to the installed folder and open a file name: AWCCfg
[BaseCfg]
Language=3
MachZeroPos=2
IfEnbleSoftCtrl=1
IfEnableLineMode=1
IfEnbleRightStart=0
IfEnbleCountAndPPI=0
IfEnbleClothMark=1
IfInnerMark=1

Change the "IfEnbleCountAndPPI=0" to "IfEnbleCountAndPPI=1"

Marco
jkarpy

Post by jkarpy »

I am using the new LightObject version of laserCAD. ver 7.22. The only AWCCFG file I found was in older LaserCAD folders.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

There is no LaserCad 7.22.x. I think you mixed up with LasrSoft which doesn't support PPI
jkarpy

Post by jkarpy »

Please link me to the software that works with the DSP T9 and supports PPI.

The original link you sent me was for lasersoft.

LaserSoft V7.22.6
lightobject.info/download/DSP/PH/LightObject_V7.22.19B.zip

Thanks
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

T9 currently is not supporting PPI
I have been asking the programmer a long ago but do far so didn't hear any update from him yet.
Let me send him a reminder
jkarpy

Post by jkarpy »

I purchased the T9 thinking it would do everything my previous unit did with some improvements, not less. I can not use the T9 controller without being able to control PPI. Thats a standard feature on all lasers. This product is not complete without PPI.

This is the 3rd controller I have purchased from you.

I am out of business if I can't cut my kits. I need a solution very quickly.

I have an AWC608 that has a bad display.
An AWC708C, the controller is missing steps but the display is good.

How can you get me back in business?

James
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

James:

I don't know about that but Ruida doesn't support PPI, TZ doesn't support PPI and PH doesn't PPI either. The PPI was a request that I made 6~7 yrs ago to the AWC608. So far, only the LaserCad or RayCam supports the PPI. The only quick solution is to get a X7s which support X,Y, and Z. It is selling for $195.

I have made a request to both Ruida and T9. I don't have a timeline when are they going to do it, or willing to do it.

T9 is good by adding 're-cut' feature and support well on.SVG and .DXF. Plus, engraving quality seems one of the best. To cut better (minimize the charring), what you can do is to use high pressure compressor like 40-50psi and it will improve cutting speed by 20-50% and reduced smoke & charring. That's an alternative way to reduce charrying effectively beside using the PPI.

Marco
jkarpy

Post by jkarpy »

What will Lightburn software do for me? will it support PPI or have some more fine tuning of the laser pulse? Will Lightburn work with the T9?
jkarpy

Post by jkarpy »

On your web page under T9 features, you list "Over-burn compensation" as a feature. That feature is not listed in the LaserSoft manual.
Over-burn compensation.JPG
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Sorry it was a typo. If you purchased within a month, you can send it back for refund.

Marco

Return to “DSP T9”