grade engrave setting

Hydrops

grade engrave setting

Post by Hydrops »

Hi

can you please tell me how to setup grade engraving ?

I want to engrave a rubber stamp but when I select grade engrave on setup laser does not fire at all, what am I doing wrong ?

I've tried with several values with no result

Thank you
Hydrops

Re: grade engrave setting

Post by Hydrops »

Anyone ?
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

You should post your setting for review. It is hard to help you if you just said that it didn't fire.
For grade engraving, you need to tell the 'length' of the graded area and the Low power vs High power setting

Marco
Hydrops

Post by Hydrops »

here is the setting

I just enabled grade engrave and tried with several values in the field below also tried to enable output as entity but nothing happened

"For grade engraving, you need to tell the 'length' of the graded area and the Low power vs High power setting"

Where exactly do I do that ? Manual doesn't mention anything either

Hydrops

Post by Hydrops »

update please ?
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Did you try different files? Could you upload your file?
Hydrops

Post by Hydrops »

Sorry to bring this up again but I need to know if this grade engraving works or not and if so, which value or approximate should I put in the grade engrave field I've managed to get the grade engraving working but it's very wide I tried changing values from 0.01 to 3.00 and nothing seems to work in fact there is no noticeable difference, also there is no reference to it in the manual.

Apart from the grade engraving setting is there any other setting I need to change ?

I've tried with several files and settings output is always the same as shown in image

And what exactly means "output as entity" and does it make any difference for stamp engrave ?

https://imgur.com/a/h5RO0Qg
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Grade engraving works on image files. The output as entity means the laser head moves between the entire job boundary instead of the object boundary.
You are more than welcome to ask question here, so others who have the same question can find the answer.

Return to “DSP T9”