y axis problem

javaman

y axis problem

Post by javaman »

After firmware update done and parts reinstalled I started up the unit. It went to home position and stopped as it should. When I run the border the x-axis moves but the y-axis does not. The same thing when I push the play button on the dsp or run a file through lightsoft, x moves but not y. The dsp shows the x and y axis both moving(x goes from 0 up to 80 then back to 0 but y jumps to 100 then shows movement to 180 and back to 100). I can move the x and y axis from the control pad on the dsp and from the lightsoft software using the arrow keys . I've tried swapping the drivers, checked all the wires and connections several times(unplugged and reconnected) and tried changing "um" but still no luck. Any thoughts or ideas?
Attachments
20190903_154551.mp4
This is what happens when trying to rin
(26.86 MiB) Downloaded 61 times
javaman

Re: y axis problem

Post by javaman »

The display starts with px and py at zero then ends back at zero. When running a file this is what shows on the screen. The x axis moves but the y axis does not. Both move with the keys on the display and in the lightsoft software.
Attachments
20190904_053849.jpg
20190904_053828.jpg
20190904_053807.jpg
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

First thing that you need to verify is whether the machine is doing Homing correctly. The HOME is where X&Y limit switched located and the gantry should travel to the Home every time you reset the machine or recycling laser power. Once homing is verified, you now should test X,Y movement by press the keys on the LCD or through the software. It should be able to travel to the far end of X & Y based on your range setting. If somehow there is only either X ir Y is moving then you need to check "Page zero", "Machine zero" and "Position relative". Those setting must matched to location of the Home. It could be top right, top left, bottom left, or bottom right. Go through the 'FAQ' on the forum and it should able to do troubleshooting

Marco
javaman

Post by javaman »

X and y go to home every time no problem there. X and y move with lcd and through the software. Table size is set to 300x200. When testing with a box x moves and y does not. In the above pictures it shows that the y axis on lcd jumps to 100 then runs the distance and then runs back to 100. When it shows the box is done it all goes back to zero. Multimeter shows power out to driver when moving y axis with lcd or software but no power going to driver from the controller when running the file or border. Nothing in the faq has these symptoms. Tried different um values and still nothing.
AMTLaser

Post by AMTLaser »

We have the same controller, one thing you can also check is that the rotary engrave mode is not set to on accidentally, this looks similar to that. You can find that under Z/U Setting menu. Believe an X next to 'Rotary Engraving' is off.
javaman

Post by javaman »

AMTLaser, THANK YOU so much! That was it. Been driving me crazy because I figured it was some dumb setting somewhere. That fixed it. Thanks again!

Return to “DSP T9”