Stepper driver wiring

mgbj1977

Stepper driver wiring

Post by mgbj1977 »

Ok so I have wired the stepper drivers over and over to make sure I had good connections, no loose or broken wires, but im still having the same problem. I boot the system and it will home. The problem is it will not go both directions. Specifically the Y axis will only go to the top, and the x axis will only go to the left. It will not go any other way. I cannot figure out what my issue is can someone help me? Please. Maybe i have something wired incorrectly? Granted im no cnc expert on these things, but I did follow the wiring diagrams given to me from Marco.
Tech_Marco

Re: Stepper driver wiring

Post by Tech_Marco »

Because you haven't had the gantry going 'Home' to register (0,0). You need to make sure the the HOME limit switches being triggered. To change the home going direction, press STOP and configure the setting by using laser controller software "LightSoft"

Read through the 'FAQ' on this forum. It may help you to get better idea how to do setup

Marco
mgbj1977

Post by mgbj1977 »

Speaking of LaserSoft, I've downloaded it but it will not install for some reason. I'm running Windows 10 64bit and I can open the software click on install driver, nothing happens, click on install and nothing happens. I'm telling ya nothing is wanting to work correctly for me, LOL. Now, if I try to install it manually it only wants to install a Chinese version to which I cannot read anything. I just got bad luck.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

You may want to turn of any antivirus program. The Window is protecting it from loading

M
mgbj1977

Post by mgbj1977 »

Problem resolved, thanks!

Return to “DSP T9”