Corel Support?

Lasercowboy

Re: Corel Support?

Post by Lasercowboy »

By the way I emailed you another couple plugins that you might find interesting that work with corel X7 for certain.
They might work with X8 as well but that I have not tested. I'll give details in the email about what they are for.

Anyhow I am willing to work with you on getting this thing sorted out and BETA tested once you get some more info from your programmers or if you need me to try something out inbetween time. Just let me know here or via Email. I have subscribed to this forum post, so it should notify me via Email once you respond, but if you don't hear back from me in short order you can always just email me directly.
(Josh)
Lasercowboy

Post by Lasercowboy »

Any leeway on the programmers ? And if so, do you think it's possible they will be able to get the plugin to fully function in the future?
Lastly, what is your "personal opinion" on the future integration of Corel software?
What I mean is are there any issues with newer versions of Adobe illustrator (AI) similar to the problems with latest revisions of Corel?
If their aren't and I can get a reliable stand alone program like AI to offer me the full function that Corel X7 offers I am highly considering just moving away from Corel all together if you think it's going to be an on going problem.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

I talked to the programmer and here was what he told me: "If you started a job with Red line for cutting and Blue for engraving. When the file saved and you started a new job, the Red will be set to cutting mode while any blue line will be set to engrave. I haven't had a chance to test it so I'm not 100% sure.

I won't use Adobe Illustrator. It is very troulesome for laser especially the latest version. So far, I don't see any controller card (X7, T9, TZ, or R5/6 from four controller supplier in China are doing well with Adobe Illustrator. I'll stick with CorelDraw if you asked me.

Marco
Lasercowboy

Post by Lasercowboy »

Interesting. I prefer Corel to since that is what I learned on anyhow.
And yes, I do know that the laser soft does remember certain colors previously used for job types (Engraving/Cutting), but that doesn't explain why it doesn't import raster images on X8 with the vector files, or why it won't import any colors period. The only one that does either of those things is X7.
The plugin for X8 just sends all colors through as a single black vector set that is grouped into one tab and discards the raster image altogether which then requires it being loaded as a separate entity then resized and aligned into the original work piece.
If I want to make the individual groups of vectors separated into color specific work sets, I have to select each of the individual sections and push ( Ctrl G ) in order to make a group of them. Unfortunately I don't know what works to re-separate the group once you make it, as I can't find any un-group button or hotkey, so you have to get it right the first time or you have to reload the file and start over. From the sounds of it, the programmers don't understand the major difference of how it works on X7 vs X8. Maybe I should just make a video for you to send them of both in action.
Also while I certainly understand that the newer versions of AI is getting hard to work with, it seems like the newer versions of corel is starting to present the same issues for the software engineers. X7 works flawlessly, X8 kinda works, and 2019 doesn't work at all.
Understand I am not complaining, I don't mind using X7 at all. The only reason I wanted to get it going on X8 was because I like the interface a little better and the tracing programming of the newer versions of Corel is a bit better at achieving a more accurate line output.
Anyhow, I guess I will be sticking to Corel X7 until the software guys understand what is really going on.
Thanks for the update Marco!
Lasercowboy

Post by Lasercowboy »

Any revision updates yet Marco? Also, what is with the job timer? I am getting numbers way off from what it actually produces. It almost always says it's going to take way longer than what it actually does. Is there something I am doing wrong before I run the "Simulate" feature?
Lastely, I know you gave me a few set up numbers for that 1200x900 gantry, but is there anywhere I can find all of the optimal setup numbers on the forum? I ran most of what you said,
Microstepping: 5000~6000, X acceleration: 8000, Y acceleration: 4000. X speed: 650, Y speed: 400. If there is a setting for Space_jerk or Cutting _jerk, I will put 20,000 and 15,000.
however I don't know what you mean and can't find anywhere for Space or Cutting_Jerk", is it called something else? There are some things that I feel could still get better.
On another note, I made a trophy for the food truck battle here in VA, then I configured our machine with a hinged drop door on the face so I could do larger object that wouldn't fit in the bed under normal circumstances. I was ask by a local restaurant to etch a 2x8 foot solid redwood sign. It turned out excellent and they where very pleased! My next project it going to be building a scale model airplane on the larger side. I am almost finished drawing the plans and acquiring the wood needed

Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

There is not much update for plugin. All they said was that the software remembered what was setting from last color it used; cut or engrave.
Space_jerk or Cut_jerk was actually from the different controller card X7. It means "The acceleration of acceleration.."
See picture I attached. More or less you may want to tune the gantry you have because different machine acts differently even with the same parts used.
UserParameters.jpg
UserParameters.jpg (86.48 KiB) Viewed 5138 times
Marco
Lasercowboy

Post by Lasercowboy »

Corel 2019 plugin conflict SOLVED!

I finally figured out what the deal was with corel 2019 and the automatic plugin install error.
After enough tinkering with the guts of Corel and the LO lasersoftware I found that It was actually a simple, but not obvious fix concerning a (runtime 53 error) denoting that it couldn't find the correct location for the file named - SrtCadX64.dll

So here is the fix.... Download the new GMS file I created, with the included .ico image file to copy and paste over the original CorelDRAW2019 folder that can be found in the corel directory that you installed it.

If you have a 32 bit version of CorelDRAW2019 in 32bit, you will simply look for the Programs32 folder to paste these files in.
Once you've downloaded the folder from the link I've included, you will want to unzip the file, then copy and past the .dll files to [ C:\Program Files\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 2019\Programs64 ] NOTE if you have a 32 bit version you will find Programs folder under the programfilesx86\corel\CorelDRAW Graphphics Suite 2019\programs

LINK TO .dll files with included .ico LO icon - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dZDow ... cf00vbo80y

Once you've done the steps I've explained, you should have a fully functioning extension that will work flawlessly with Corel 2019

SIDE NOTE - To ensure that everything works as expected, open corelDRAW2019, then from the top menu listings, select Tools
Under that drop down menu you will see Color Management. Open that and make sure the default setting is set to RGB. By default Corel will be set to CMYK, that may or may not cause conflict, but by standard it's always a good idea to set to RGB which is the universal color setting for most vector files such as SVG. Hope this helps you guys out, it sure made my day!
Lasercowboy

Post by Lasercowboy »

Hey Marco,
I've built a more comprehensive download folder with instructions for anyone to make their Corel2019 work with your software.
It does require the user to install the plugin manually, but it's a very simple process of copy and paste.
Not only does it load the colors in correct order to the laser software, but it also imports raster images with the color correct vectors perfectly!

All in all, the only thing broken about the current plugin installer is where it places the ( SrtCad.dll ) or ( SrtCadX64 ) files. The only changes the program engineers need to make is for the installer to place the them in the ( Programs64 ) location in Corel.
If you need an actual screenshot or video list I can make them, but I think my downloadable file below explains all this fairly simple for most to make the changes needed to get it working until the engineers get it fixed.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nbLJg ... oze6X7LLs1
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Thanks a lot! The programmer who did this was so careless. He fixed one issue but then created another issue. I even helped them to troubleshoot and told them the problem like missing files. Believe or not, they doubled it until they tried and confirmed it. I'm so frustrated with him (them).

Let me know when you doing shopping with us. I'll create a discount coupon for your great work!

Marco ;)
Lasercowboy

Post by Lasercowboy »

Sounds good Marco, I really appreciate that!
I plan on building another laser from scratch in the future for my personal place this time. The last system was a retrofit unit for our local Makerspace, using LO parts that was seated into the frame of an inferior setup. I would not do it that way again I promise you! Lots of trouble and headaches that could have been avoided if I would have had the resource to start with nothing instead of trying to make what we already had work with the new LO 1200x900 gantry and T9 DSP components. None the less, it's so much better than it was before and the Makerspace members have been having great success with it. The lightobject parts has made the laser one of the most popular if not the most used machines in our shop now!
There are a group of kids from local schools now coming on a regular basis that have been using it and learning about everything that makes it work and all the possibilities it offers. I'm secretly building a small army of future LightObject customers! haha

Anyhow I am glad I could help out! It has been very gratifying to see the T9 work so well with the latest version of Corel. The newer features 2019 has really makes it a nicer system for file creation task.

Return to “DSP T9”