LO-X7 communication problems

spk64

LO-X7 communication problems

Post by spk64 »

I purchased the X7 controller back in 2014 and used it mostly with USB connection. Worked fine till 2019 then the USB stopped functioning, cannot read USB stick also. So started using a network connection but this seems to lose connection a lot forcing me to reboot the the laser cutter. When connection is lost I cannot ping the cutter from PC.

Is my controller needing replaced or is something else going on to bring on these communication problems?
Tech_Marco

Re: LO-X7 communication problems

Post by Tech_Marco »

I think it is time to get an upgrade. The Trocen is no longer making or support the X7. Now, they launched two new controllers: 7824 and7813 touchscreen DSP.

https://lightobject.com/trocen-awc7824- ... or-screen/

-M
spk64

Post by spk64 »

Ok, thanks and did order and install the replacement.

I noticed a firmware update for the AWC7824. How do we know which model we have “B” or “M”? Did not see anything on the interface.

Also when using PPI it appears something is much different than the X7. Before I would use 200 PPI to score a mask. I had to go to 1000 PPI to match how it was with the X7.

Noticed there is not a section on the new controllers so just asking here.
spk64

Post by spk64 »

I finally got the AWC7824 working as it should.

1. There is now a CN1 and CN2 cable both need installed even though it is not shown in the supplied documentation.
2. There is a firmware upgrade but states you need to know “B” or “M” model. This is not shown anywhere on the controllers. LO said I should have “M” model but that was not correct as firmware would not load. “B” version did actually load. LO also mentioned that incorrect firmware would not load.

Rotary is now functioning on the “U” axis and it is so much nicer on a clamped setup where you have to change settings as diameter of work changes. It is just entered directly into the Common Parameters section. Also having dedicated axis means no more cable swapping and drive changing.

Return to “DSP X7”