X7 K40 stopped working

smapdiage9

X7 K40 stopped working

Post by smapdiage9 »

Having a bit of trouble that I can't diagnose with my X7 K40 setup:

My X7 system worked very well for years. Last year I moved and the tube cracked so I let it sit in the garage unused a while. I've just replaced the tube, checked all wiring, and tried to get it back into operation but it's not working.

Upon power on the display indicates "Resetting" but the system will never reset, it just stays there. If I press STOP I'll get the "continue work after power cut" which I can press ESC to and get to the main screen. There is no response from any stepper motor in response to homing or jogging commands, though both steppers are wired and the drivers are showing green lights.

The laser tube will not fire when commanded, though the LPSU (white plug style) has the laser LED light illuminated continuously whenever the machine is on and there's no response on the ammeter to indicate firing.

Again, this is a setup that worked very well before, and I've validated and checked out the wiring which seems good. It seems odd that both the LPSU and the stepper controllers would all be bad at the same time, which tells me that maybe there's something wacky going on in the DSP box. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Tech_Marco

Re: X7 K40 stopped working

Post by Tech_Marco »

I hoped the cracked didn't cause arching. If so, it may got your X7 shocked!
It shows 'resetting' because the gantry didn't move home so the system can't settle itself. The XY MUST be home for each time power is ON
You may join our FB ground "LightObject Laser Lab"

Marco
smapdiage9

Post by smapdiage9 »

Thanks Marco. I dug around a bit more today with no success- my 24v psu is outputting correctly, I can't verify whether the LPSU is outputting correctly or not, but the stepper drivers seem okay. I pressed in my limit switches to simulate reaching 'home' but there's no effect on what the DSP does or displays.
leo19

Post by leo19 »

Check your wiring, try running partial things at a time. That is just supply power to the controller and see if the turns on then plug in the limits and so on. Let me know what you find out.

Return to “DSP X7”