Setting jog distance on DSP 708C

neuman5022

Setting jog distance on DSP 708C

Post by neuman5022 »

Hello guys,

Having a question regarding how to set normal jog distance.

Using Dm542 stepper drivers on 1600 pulse/rev

When going into the program JOG DISTANCE (MENU-JOG CONTROL) - I set the distance to be 00000.5 mm. However when exiting this function to main menu - one push on the jog button is around 3mm ???

What is controlling the normal main page jog distance? Does it have anything to do with the stepper drivers?

Looks to me there should be a simple answer however nothing I do changes the normal main menu jog distance at 3mm.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Isaac
Tech_Marco

Re: Setting jog distance on DSP 708C

Post by Tech_Marco »

Let me try it and will get back to you

Marco
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Per tech support from Trocen, the distance of jog can be set. He said that it may be the sequence you did was not right
Can you list your sequence step by step?

Marco
neuman5022

Post by neuman5022 »

Hi Marco,

Thanks for your response.

Not sure what sequence you have in mind.

The only jog distance I can find is in the MENU-JOG CONTROL page. When in this page, the top line is to set the required distance per push - and then when going one line down to the XY JOG - pressing the jog button moves the set distance correctly. However when leaving this MENU page (By pressing ENTER) to the main working page - the distance is not kept.

For example - we set the jog distance on the MENU/JOG CONTROL page to 00000.5 mm and testing it within the same page - each press is 0.5 mm as required. Once leaving this page ( pressing Enter) - one push reverts back to 3.3 mm which I have no idea where it came from.

What does determine the jog distance in the main page?

Does it have anything to do with the DISTANCE PER PULSE (UM)

I assumed the distance in the main page will be set by the JOG CONTROL Menu - however this is not the case. So maybe I am doing something wrong or perhaps the board has a fault?

Many thanks

Isaac
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Too bad all my system in the warehouse with X7 sold out. All other system have T9 installed instead. It looks like that I need to install a X7 on one of those then I can give it a try. Please allow me a little more time.

Btw don't forget to join FB Lightobject Laser group

Marco
neuman5022

Post by neuman5022 »

Hi again Marco

Thanks for your kind assistance.

I will be awaiting your response.

Cheers

Isaac
neuman5022

Post by neuman5022 »

Hi Marco,

Did some tests, and have some more info that might help.

Went to a friend which has a AWC708C lite (Not X7) and tried the same.

On both machines - the distance you set in he JOG CONTROL page - does not correlate to a jog distance you do on main page while pressing a single press on the direction key..

When going to MENU--> COMMON PARAMETERS-->COMMON PARAMETERS-->KEYMOVE SPEED - you can set the jog speed on main page, and this also influence the jog distance on each direction key press. So I reckon the distance of each single press on a direction key (arrow) is somehow connected to the KEYMOVE speed.

In other boards I think you can set the distance of a single press on the direction key to be constant - however this is not the case with Trocen.

So maybe it is something I am doing wrong - or Trocen has some other logic.

Thanks

Isaac

Return to “DSP X7”