Double image

Tech_Marco

Re: Double image

Post by Tech_Marco »

There is no programming need for using DSP laser controller board. However, it is not as easy as you though that just "plug & play". There is no such thing!
You got to tell the laser machine how to handle your job; power, speed, engraving/cutting, overlapping, gap...etc. Without all this info, it is not going to work without instruction. If lucky it worked, the result won't be any good.

If the laser head moved than it should, it seems that you may have mechanical issue. The X7 or any controller board that we carry won't do weird thing like that. The defective rate is lower than 0.5%

Marco
robpardee

Post by robpardee »

That is why I'm wondering if maybe the steppers are bad. Is there a way to test something like that?
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

First of all, I showed you some setting, did you change it?
If you did , yes chance is that you may have bad motor driver or bad motors.
What micro-stepping did you use on your motor driver? What current setting was used?

Marco
robpardee

Post by robpardee »

I did try those settings you suggested and I did not get any improvement with them. No noticeable change happened with those settings.
I am using 6400 pulse/rev on the Y axis and 800 for the X.
I am using 0.5A / 0.7A max on the Y and 0.21A /0.3A max on the X. I was having heat issues on the X axis motor so I had to turn down the amp settings to the lowest. Those issues went away.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Use 3200 on both X &Y
The motor may not support 6400

M.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Any update?

Marco
robpardee

Post by robpardee »

Hey Marco, I'm sorry I've had a heck of a couple weeks. I have not had time to change those settings but I'm going to see if I can run into my maker room and do that now. I'll update as soon as I can.
robpardee

Post by robpardee »

Ok So I gave it a go with the project I was having trouble cutting correctly when we last were talking and I got a perfect result so far. I don't have time to jump into a detailed project to test this further and see if it fixed all the issues I was having but I will be doing that asap.
For now I changed both motors to 3200 as requested and I suspect you were right, they couldn't work with 6400.

Thank you so much for the help! I will be testing the other issues I have had and see if this fixes those, i.e. the double image when engraving with X-swing and the inability to engrave then cut after and have it all line up correctly.
robpardee

Post by robpardee »

Ok, I ran one more test before shutting everything down. I am still getting double images and misalignment when cutting after engraving.
I've uploaded two images, one that was an engrave using X-unilateralism and then a cut function and it cuts slightly off the engraving. The second was only engrave but using X-Swing.
Attachments
IMG_20191106_210730.jpg
IMG_20191106_210606.jpg
robpardee

Post by robpardee »

Hi Marco, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays! I wanted to let you know the suggestions you made have been very helpful in making the laser more functional, I trust it allot more to get the jobs done. I was hoping you could help me fix the last issue I'm having. As you can see in my last post I'm getting a double imagine when I engraved in X swing mode and can't do a engraved then cut function because they don't line up correctly. I have to engraved then send a seperate cut function to the laser and move the origin point to the right about 1.5 mm to get it to line up with the engraving and then execute the cut function seperate.

Thanks for any help!
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

I think it is hardware issue.
It could be one of this issue
1) Motor
2) motor driver
3) Loose gear

Solution
1) swap X&Y motor or get a new one
2) swap X&Y driver or get a new one
3) Double check the motor gear. This issue is hard to troubleshoot and you need to test it with a bit of patient. Power up the laser machine and both XY motors should lock up tight. Then, push belt or turn the heat by hand see if you can find the loose part. Again, this problem is hard to find and take long time to troubleshoot.

Marco
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

BTW, please post images of your machine. I want to see the motors , drivers, and gantry

Marco

Return to “DSP X7”