Files not cutting

JackHeartness

Files not cutting

Post by JackHeartness »

I am having trouble getting my machine to cut anything other the Donald Duck file. I use the latest light burn for Mac. Files are in .ud5 format. I transfer the files with usb, brand new out of package, properly formatted to fat32. The files show up on the controller. I select the file. It is copied to machine. I press start and nothing happens. The picture shown is always blank. If the laser head is not at origin, it will move to origin and stop there. I can't update the firmware to the latest, it reports back error. Also, when I transfer a file to thumb drive on computer, I see one file. When the show up on controller, I see two versions of the file, one original and one slightly altered name. I am running the awc708c, version 1.17.4.20. Please Help!

I don't know if this is a problem on the software side or hardware side, so I posted to both forums.
Tech_Marco

Re: Files not cutting

Post by Tech_Marco »

You can run it on Raycam first before doing it on Lightburn. If it works on Raycam, then you should contact Lightburn for tech support

Regards,
Marco
leo19

Post by leo19 »

Can you upload the .ud5 file by any chance? I want to try on my machine and see what I get. My guess is that the file is empty so that is why whenever you read it with your controller it is blank. Have you tried sending your work from the software directly(Lightburn)? What does it do?
JackHeartness

Post by JackHeartness »

light burn is the problem, ray cam file worked on controller.
JackHeartness

Post by JackHeartness »

Lightburn is saying that lightobject added a different scrabble key that does not allow LightBurn files to be read by the controller.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Raycam is a custom made for us but I'm not sure what key they mean to. If you want to, you can run a 'patch' to drop RayCam to 'LaserCad'.

Marco

Return to “DSP X7”