Unlock Steppers

whmeade10

Unlock Steppers

Post by whmeade10 »

I would like the ability to unlock the steppers so I could move the laser head quickly to any point on the bed. I don't think this is possible with the X7 DSP, or at least I haven't found a way to do it. Has anybody come up with a way to temporarily unlock the motors, move the laser head, and then lock them back up?

Bill
Techgraphix

Re: Unlock Steppers

Post by Techgraphix »

Disable the drives.. Normaly (many stepperdrives) hava an Enable-input. When not connected, most of the drivers are enabled, so when you apply 5V to those inputs (mind the polarity) the drivers will be disabled and you can move the axis freely.. I think a simple pushbutton will do best..(you can't forget it)
BUT! when you homed the laser it will have no reference anymore and thinks it is still in the old position.. So if it was at homeposition you cant move further in that direction. Say this homepoint is UP-Left and you mot it to the middle, you can only move Down Right from that point...
So if it will be usefull???
Better to mark a specific location as origin.. The machine will go there after switching on or reset..

Kees
whmeade10

Post by whmeade10 »

Thanks Techgraphix, I have decided to leave well enough alone for now. It appears I have much bigger fish to fry now. I don't know what has happened but the controller has gone crazy. I for the life of me can't get the limit switches working in the upper right corner of the laser and now when I raster text it is mirrored backwards. I am about to pull my hair out. :eek: Is there a way to default the DSP?
Dean315

Post by Dean315 »

Kees, you said "Better to mark a specific location as origin.. The machine will go there after switching on or reset..". That is exactly what I am trying to find out how to do. You were helping me in another thread but I guess I didn't make make myself clear. Can you tell me exactly how to set an origin that "The machine will go there after switching on or reset"?

Thanks,
Dean

Sorry whmeade10, I don't mean to hijack your thread!
Techgraphix

Post by Techgraphix »

After turning on the machine it will go to its home-position first, right? this is essential! so you MUST have your homing-sensors right at first..
Then you can position the head somewhere on the bed using the cursor-keys on your controllers keyboard (marked red in the picture).. Does this work too??
When you placed it where you want your origin, you press ORIGIN on that keyboard (marked green in the picture) and the machine will return there after the homing-sequence at power-on.
When you press RESET it should go to the homeposition first and then return to the Origin-position ( the position where you pressed ORIGIN the last time)
LOX7.jpg
LOX7.jpg (34.23 KiB) Viewed 1709 times
It can be there is a setting to go the origin after power-on/reset, but i have to scan the menu's if i did that in the past somewhere..

Kees

Return to “DSP X7”