About table size DSP controller

daseri

About table size DSP controller

Post by daseri »

Hi I bought recently a DSP conroller board. Iinstall it and I have now a problem..
When I tunrn it on the head go to the limits and all is ok But the problem is the table size..
I have a 1x1 meter table and the laser head only move aprox. 30x30 cm
I look for change this values un the corel draw configuration window but I don't know wha I have to change.
Thanks in advance for your reply.
Regards.
twehr

Re: About table size DSP controller

Post by twehr »

Look on pages 22 and 23 of the manual. It is talking about the axis parameters. You need to set the breadth to the max for that axis (1000 = 1 meter).
daseri

Post by daseri »

Thanks!! It was so simply.. :)
Now I have another question.. I tried to convert any photographs to gray scale according to laser it, but I only could to put the image in black/white 1 bit to engrave..
Is possible to grave an image with greyscale in corel with the Dsp controller??what have I to do?
Thanks!!!
twehr

Post by twehr »

daseri wrote:Thanks!! It was so simply.. :)
Now I have another question.. I tried to convert any photographs to gray scale according to laser it, but I only could to put the image in black/white 1 bit to engrave..
Is possible to grave an image with greyscale in corel with the Dsp controller??what have I to do?
Thanks!!!
Glad you got the table size set.

It is possible to do photo engraving with the DSP controller, and the results can be stunning - photos are my favorite subject matter for engraving. The hardest part is getting the original picture converted to 1-bit correctly. There are dedicated applications out there (PhotoGrav - http://www.photograv.com/ - expensive but the best and easiest). If you want to do it yourself, you will need to use something like CorelPaint and convert to 1-bit with dithering (choose Floyd-Steinberg method). Save and import into CorelDraw and process normally.

There is lots of info on the web about converting 8-bit greyscale to 1-bit for laser engraving - has nothing to do with your controller.
daseri

Post by daseri »

Hi very thanks for your prompt reply!!
Now I have a new question.. I have a 10kHZ glass laser tube..
What is the value that I have to put in the laser frequency box in "machine parameters"?
There is no units in the laser frequency box so I don't know what I have to put..
Thanks in advance!
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Hello folks!

I'm back. I couldn't access this forum site from China, it seems that any website hosted by Godaddy.com is blocked, same as YouTube too. Now, I'm back to Hong Kong and 'm glad to see that there are not to much problem with the DSP card. Thanks help from Tim and Richard!

I'll talk to the software engineer see if he can embedded a module to do gray scale image handy without using 3rd software. If I'm not forgotten, he mentioned that there is a new function added to the new software that let you print human figure without any conversion but direct engraving.

By the way, I'm going to test a new machine that I found recently. I need some test files for testing. Can anyone send me a few image files (more complicated = better) to peform a 'stress' test on it

Thanks
Marco
daseri

Post by daseri »

Welcome!
And what's about the laser frequency units?? :) waiting reply!! Thanks!!
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

You can put down 10,000 or 20,000, it make not much difference.
It's unit is "Hz"
daseri

Post by daseri »

Hi thank you very much!!
The machine works fine now..
I have a new problem.. With the z axis config.. I have ok the movement of the axis but I have a problem with the limiting... When I turn on the machine the axis resets in the actual position.. And I can't down the table.. The table can only go up. When I try to go down the table arrive to a limit...
I don't understand why
I tried to change the direction and the limit direction in machine parameters but the table only go up
Can you help to me?
Thanks for all reply!!
baccus61

Post by baccus61 »

This has to do with the "soft limits" that is stored in the hardware from the table size and there is no turning it off that I have found.

This is a part of the setup I would dearly love to be able to turn off or on if I choose to and not have it "home" every time you start up.

I want to "just start cutting as soon as I turn on the table" as my table is 1.5 x 1 meters in size and it takes a little time to do the "Home" routine.

You need to change the direction of travel then save it then turn off the machine then restart and you should be able to drive it the opposite way.

Just make sure you drive the table up as far as you want to go plus a little extra for good measure BEFORE you do the change or you will end up with the same problem, only the other way around.

It's probably the only thing I dislike about the DSP but it's something I can live with considering what the other controllers are like that I have bought.

I have ordered one of the new DSP's and software from Marco to fit to my machine for another upgrade. I can't wait to get it and try it out.

:D :D :D

Rich.

Return to “DSP X7”