LaserCAD unable to communicate with X7 DSP

dean448

Re: LaserCAD unable to communicate with X7 DSP

Post by dean448 »

my experience installing a wifi card to the LAN jack of the X7 so I don't have to connect to the USB. also WIN10
using a vonets VAP11G with what looks like a serial number following that number. Blue module purchased off amazon.

first step was to get the wifi module to connect to the home router. proof that it was connected is that I was able to connect to the device using my PC and get to the intranet, instead of connecting directly to the router. also blue lights are flashing really fast.

Followed the instructions in the raycam manual and got nowhere. communications unsuccessful!
even thought something wrong with X7 because no lights like you would see on a PC LAN jack.

the IP of my PC is 192.168.1.6(preferred) and I matched that in the raycam software under select mode>network mode. no luck
Found the network settings in the menu>network section of the controller and also put it there. no luck.

Changed the number to 192.168.1.0 in both the raycam software and in the controller under menu>Network and it now works.
The trailing 0 matches nothing on my PC but is loaded in the software and controller.
I'm sure the manual is telling me to do what I did, but it is not clear.
hopefully this helps.
jackofalltrayds

Post by jackofalltrayds »

Marco, I have a similar problem but mine is more basic I think. I am told you can use network and connect your ethernet cable directly from your DSP controller to your local computer just as you would a USB only using the ethernet port. Is there a configuration you need to change for this to work with an XP machine? I"ve done the IP changes as in the LO manual but still no connection. DSP works fine in USB mode, but I have reason to change it to network and I'd like very much to get this working.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Keith
mrsunnylam

Post by mrsunnylam »

jackofalltrayds wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:11 pm Marco, I have a similar problem but mine is more basic I think. I am told you can use network and connect your ethernet cable directly from your DSP controller to your local computer just as you would a USB only using the ethernet port. Is there a configuration you need to change for this to work with an XP machine? I"ve done the IP changes as in the LO manual but still no connection. DSP works fine in USB mode, but I have reason to change it to network and I'd like very much to get this working.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Keith
sounds like a driver issue

Return to “DSP X7”