Hit a Wall.........

upsetDSPowner

Hit a Wall.........

Post by upsetDSPowner »

Hello all,
Just got my E5 and new drivers installed and seem to have hit a wall. Problem is my x axis moves fine in both directions(finally got manufactures params set to where it stays within the bed), my Y axis on the other hand moves fine in the + direction but will not move in the - direction at all. Thought it might be the -limit switch so replaced it and have the same issue. took new switch out and used DMM on both switches and they are operating normally open or normally closed depending on pin selection. I do believe the e5 dsp is set to normal closed on delivery but reconfigurable via the manufacturer params Ie -/+.. about to triple check wiring and if still no luck going go burn something with my ARC welder as I'm getting beyond frustrated.......... Already had 3 breaks to let go of this ...... I know the simple solution is right in front me of but I can't see it at the moment. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

DZ
Techgraphix

Re: Hit a Wall.........

Post by Techgraphix »

The solution CAN be simple:
if your work area is defined wrong: your laser can move in only one direction and that's away from the homingpoint. If it "thinks it is still outside the defined workarea it won't move from this area.
Check if both the software AND the machine are defined the same in respect to the homingpoint (for instance Top-left)
Another thing can be is that your DIR-signal is working with the driver..check if you can measure 0V or 5V depending on the direction and if this has the right polarity according to the driver.
Kees
upsetDSPowner

Re: Hit a Wall.........

Post by upsetDSPowner »

Check if both the software AND the machine are defined the same in respect to the homingpoint (for instance Top-left)
Another thing can be is that your DIR-signal is working with the driver..check if you can measure 0V or 5V depending on the direction and if this has the right polarity according to the driver.
Kees

Thank you Very Much! You nailed it! I knew i was to be simple and it was thank you I I I dicked up on jumpers missed it both of the previous rechecks
S happy that i didn't kill. the driver!!

DZ

Return to “DSP X7”