need help. not enough RAM

lanoph

need help. not enough RAM

Post by lanoph »

Hello,
i got used to engrave choco-sweets like M&M´s and so on. So therefor I have a special part where I can put ca. 280 M&M´s in and i have to start the engravingbutton (Process) at my software to engrave all 280 M&M´s at on time.
I´made an schematic at Corel, put in only one time the Stuff i want to engrave and the start the VBA-Plug-In to fill out all the M&M-Places at my Board.
Now, since I have the new Mainboard / Card from lightobject.com I can not engrave the M&M´s because every time I start the process-Button ist start to say: "Processing..." and after a sertain time it says "drLsRun has not enough RAM.
I tried to engrave only one line, but it also does not work. Does anyone has an idea, what else I can do?

Thanks a lot.
CL
Attachments
attached you can see the part where i want to engrave. Black is the engraving, cyan is the maximum size of the M&M and the magenta is the coordinating and the yellow is the frame where the board with the wholes has to be on my workingplace.
attached you can see the part where i want to engrave. Black is the engraving, cyan is the maximum size of the M&M and the magenta is the coordinating and the yellow is the frame where the board with the wholes has to be on my workingplace.
twehr

Re: need help. not enough RAM

Post by twehr »

lanoph wrote:Hello,
i got used to engrave choco-sweets like M&M´s and so on. So therefor I have a special part where I can put ca. 280 M&M´s in and i have to start the engravingbutton (Process) at my software to engrave all 280 M&M´s at on time.
I´made an schematic at Corel, put in only one time the Stuff i want to engrave and the start the VBA-Plug-In to fill out all the M&M-Places at my Board.
Now, since I have the new Mainboard / Card from lightobject.com I can not engrave the M&M´s because every time I start the process-Button ist start to say: "Processing..." and after a sertain time it says "drLsRun has not enough RAM.
I tried to engrave only one line, but it also does not work. Does anyone has an idea, what else I can do?

Thanks a lot.
CL
This is a computer RAM issue, not a controller issue. You need to install more RAM memory on your computer. I don't know what you have, but 2 gig is enough for a lot of jobs, but 4 is much better. I run 4 and have never found a job that it cannot handle.
lanoph

Post by lanoph »

Hello Tim,

I tried it at differnet Computers and I still have 4GB RAM.
It also worked with the same picture befor, when I had the Old Mainboard.
I couldn´t get it run. But when I Export the Corel-File to AI and than import it at RLaserCut everything is working good. But normaly I don´t want to do it every time I wan´t to engrave something.
Does anyone has another Idea?

Thanks for your help.

Christoph
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Are you using our software that I posted over here or your're using your own software that worked for the old card?
lanoph

Post by lanoph »

Hi Marco,

I´m using the software you posted here, but what i want to say is, that the same file, with the same data, could be engraved before, before i changed the mainboard.

Christoph
twehr

Post by twehr »

lanoph wrote:Hi Marco,

I´m using the software you posted here, but what i want to say is, that the same file, with the same data, could be engraved before, before i changed the mainboard.

Christoph
Are you having CorelDraw do the rows and columns or are you having the RLaserCut software do it? You should be having the RLaserCut do it.
twehr

Post by twehr »

lanoph wrote:Hi Marco,

Christoph
Send a copy of your file and I will try it, if you wish.
lanoph

Post by lanoph »

Hello Tim,
I used the corel-Draw to make the rows and the columns, becaus i cuttet tho board, where the M&M´s are in also with coreldraw. and i could use the corel-plug-in to engrave with all the data I created in corel. than i can also mix the different pichtures for engraving, when i want to make laike 200 different names, I don´t havt to wirte they all seperated, I can use a VBA in vorel to organice all the m&m´s. attached you can find the corel-file.
Black is the engraving
Yellow is the frame, that it fits in the Board with the holes.
Cyan is the cuttingway for the m&m´s.
Magenta is the row-direction for the seperated quaters / fields.

When i export the file as an AI or EPS at Corel and import it at RLaserCut it will work.

Thanks for the help.
Attachments
101_m&m_Norbert.zip
CDR is zipped because CDR does not work here in the forum.
(62.24 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
twehr

Post by twehr »

I will try to get to it tonight and let you know. I understand, now, your reason for doing it in Corel rather than in RLaserCut.
twehr

Post by twehr »

OK, I tried your file and got essentially the same results as you did - not enough memory to handle the job.

I tried reducing the complexity of the job, but even removing all but one set (ellipse, rectangle, words) it was still trying to process something that is the size of the whole page.

I took one set, put in a new document, and replicated it. I noticed that as I copied and pasted, everything get pasted as groups. Copying several and pasting made even bigger groups, etc. Grouping adds a lot of complexity to the final output.

I removed all grouping from my file and tried - everything works perfectly. I did not get time to test the same on your file. I suggest you remove all grouping from your file and try again. Or you can use my file (see below) as a starting point and rebuild your setup. Either way, it is a bit of work to get set up, but I am confident the controller will handle your job once it is simplified.

I notice you called the candies M&Ms. The file you sent would be for candies much larger than traditional M&Ms. I am curious - what candies are you using? And what power setting are you using on what wattage laser? My 40watt at 20% (minimum I can go) and 400 mm/second just melts the M&Ms. I like the idea of what you are doing, but need some specifics so I can try it.
Attachments
MandM-TW.zip
(135.95 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
lanoph

Post by lanoph »

Hi Tim,
you are right. I don´t use the traditional MandM-Candys because they are not so large and i can not engrave so much text or massages on it. My board, where the Candys fit in are not only holes. the hole is getting smaler, when it is getting deeper, so I can engrave a lot different candys with different diameters.
I tried your file, but I have only CorelX3 running here. could you please save it as a corelX3-file-format, so I can try yours?
I have a laser with 50 Watt and I engrave the candys normaly with following settings:
Power1: 60 %
Power2: 65%
Speed: it depends on the deepnes I want: between 20 and 25 m/minute.

Attached you can find a foto of engraved Candys, but you don´t see it so good on a picture as in real.

Greetings.
CL
Attachments
Candy with a logo and really small text<br />the white candys are not so good to see on teh picture becaue of the flash
Candy with a logo and really small text
the white candys are not so good to see on teh picture becaue of the flash
Cand with the slogan:<br />&quot;I love (heart) you&quot; in german<br />the white candys are not so good to see on teh picture becaue of the flash
Cand with the slogan:
"I love (heart) you" in german
the white candys are not so good to see on teh picture becaue of the flash
twehr

Post by twehr »

Here is the file in X3 (CorelDraw 13) format.
Attachments
MandM-TW-x3.zip
(34.06 KiB) Downloaded 113 times

Return to “DSP X7”