Power Output inconsistent on CO2 tube.

pabloflorida

Power Output inconsistent on CO2 tube.

Post by pabloflorida »

Hello,
I am having some serious issues with my laser cutter.
I have a 500mmx700mm laser machine which I modified to and I took it from 50 watts to a 150 RECI S8, p18 laser power supply, AWC 708 LITE DSP, 5300 water cooler, larger mirrors and lens, new laser heard and some other upgrades.
The latest problem is that after replacing the DSP controller ( I previously had a RD6442G that I could not get more than 30% power out of the system when measured with a CO2 laser probe AND I was getting inconsistent power output, It would show on the sample cuts and in the visual inspection to the laser tube, pinkish light would not stay on when cutting a long straight line but it would flicker) I would get ALMOST all power out of the system (%80 when measured with laser probe) but I still get that flickering effect that ruins anything I want to cut with my machine. lense and mirrors are almost perfectly aligned (four corners and center also). IMPORTANT DETAIL TO OBSERVE: when I bypass the controller using a push button I get the %100 output which is super powerful because I pierced a piece of 3/64" or 1.2 mm stainless steel sheet metal.
So, the questions are:
Why I have the flickering and inconsistent power output when using the controller and not the bypassing it.
Why I dont get all the power out of the system. ( I know that it is not good at all to use %100 of the output, but it should deliver it if needed)
I will appreciate any help. I've been working on this upgrade for at least 8 month now and I spent more money that I should have but i really want to get this laser system running as it should.
Please check attached pictures
20160504_002343[1].gif
_DSC3994.gif
_DSC3993.gif
Thanks in advance.
Pablo G.
Tech_Marco

Re: Power Output inconsistent on CO2 tube.

Post by Tech_Marco »

Three things came to my mine: 1. Laser power supply (TTL issue), 2. Interference from the power supply, 3. Check the max…Power setting. It may be locked up less than the max current the tube needed.

What current you got from the tube when power is set to 100% by firing through the LCD control panel?

Marco
pabloflorida

Post by pabloflorida »

Hi Marco and thanks for your interest in my troubled laser cutter
I did several cuts changing the max and min power settings without success, I even did 90/89 power settings but same flickering problem.

You mentioned about a probable TTL issue. What's the procedure to check the TTL?

Thanks again,
Pablo. G
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Did you turn on the 'PPI' by chance? If so, disable it will get you more power.

When I said "TTL", what I mean was "PWM" control circuitry inside of the laser power supply.

Marco

Return to “DSP X7”