Couple problems on the LO R5 dsp

GeneMpls

Couple problems on the LO R5 dsp

Post by GeneMpls »

I am up and running with the LightObject version of the 6442 (R5) and LO version of RDworks V8 but have a couple little nagging problems. When I draw a 'frame' around the job the laser fires and leaves a scorch mark around the frame and it seems that the laser power settings are reversed for the max and min power settings... the min power seems to determine how hot the laser is going to be. I have been setting them the same now but I am sure there is some reason for min setting? Thanks Gene
Tech_Marco

Re: Couple problems on the LO R5 dsp

Post by Tech_Marco »

Ususally the min power is set to 80% of the max power. The min power is associated with the corner speed. Since speed is slower while the laser head is turning, it needs less power (min power) to cut or engrave.

Marco
GeneMpls

Post by GeneMpls »

Hi Marco- are you back from China? I understand how the min/max power should work- but it seems that the max power has little/no effect on the output- unless I have the min power set to
what I want output I do not get what I expect. Also- what do you think about the laser firing when I run the 'frame' routine? Thanks Gene
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

I'm still in China. If there is no effect on Max power, you may want to check connection see if connected it wrong. Check TH, TL, In, TTL,
Set 100% to the max will get you full power output from the power supply. Be caution not over the current limit for the laser tube

Marco
GeneMpls

Post by GeneMpls »

I have checked and rechecked the wiring, and I don't see how it could be the software? I am thinking the DSP is the problem. I am going to sell the machine before too long and need it to work correctly. Gene
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Usually it is not DSP issue but you can request a rma# and send it back for diagnostic

Marco
GeneMpls

Post by GeneMpls »

How about I buy another of the same DSP and try it and if that solves my problems I will return this one for testing? Gene
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Not a good idea.
Refund process taking us so much effort and I want to keep everything new. I have a feeling that it is a setting issue but I could be wrong

Marco
(Just came back feom China)
GeneMpls

Post by GeneMpls »

I will be buying the second DSP anyway for a friend- I did not intend to return it. I would send my original back if the second DSP works correctly. Will that work? Please call me at 763dot 780dot1494. Gene
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Sure, then go ahead and buy the 2nd card.
I'll test it before ship so that you know the 2nd card is 100% working properly
Please leave a note on your order "Test min% and maxi% before ship" 'cause I may not here while they ship it

Marco
GeneMpls

Post by GeneMpls »

I always have trouble with your order page- paypal sez they paid it, but I can't find a button to consummate the transaction.

OK- finally processed and ready to ship. thanks Gene
GeneMpls

Post by GeneMpls »

GeneMpls wrote:I am up and running with the LightObject version of the 6442 (R5) and LO version of RDworks V8 but have a couple little nagging problems. When I draw a 'frame' around the job the laser fires and leaves a scorch mark around the frame and it seems that the laser power settings are reversed for the max and min power settings... the min power seems to determine how hot the laser is going to be. I have been setting them the same now but I am sure there is some reason for min setting? Thanks Gene
I solved this problem- the GO SCALE MODE in the user tab was set to close laser (should be open laser)- perhaps will save someone else a lot of looking on the internet.

Return to “DSP X7”