offset / halo issues driving me crazy ...

typomaniac

offset / halo issues driving me crazy ...

Post by typomaniac »

Hey,

i keep struggling with several issues with my laser. Today i tried to engrave an anodised alumium and acrylic. I noticed there is some kind of halo
on the left side of my object. (Please find pictures attached). I tried several positions for the laser head but it did not change a bit. I am not sure if this is an optics issue or where to look for it. I tried a hundred different speed settings but none helped. If i keep the engraving on acrylic more shallow the problem is barely visible but more power always leads to this.
Laser speed is set very slow and i only engrave one way to avoid backlash effects.

thank you so much for any idea
tm

P.S: I hope this is the right forum since it may be anything from optics to controller.
Attachments
schloss1.jpg
cloud1.jpg
seeigecannon

Re: offset / halo issues driving me crazy ...

Post by seeigecannon »

This looks like a backlash issue. You can fix it by setting the raster mode to "unilateral" or set it up in System Settings>Work Parameters>Engrave Reverse Offset.

For a quick fix go with the first option. If you are willing to put a bunch of work into it to get it fixed properly go with the second option. I cant help much with the second option as my laser does not have enough backlash to warrant me setting it on my laser, so I don't really know how to set that up.
typomaniac

Post by typomaniac »

Hey,

i thought this, too. What you see is already unilateral so i think this may come from somewhere else ...

tm
seeigecannon

Post by seeigecannon »

Hmm, that is strange. Can you try rastering a square like 1" on all sides using a very narrow line? I am curious if it is only one side or not. Maybe the acceleration value on the X axis is set too high?

Return to “DSP X7”