DSP not communicating or upgrading

BaldyCanuck

DSP not communicating or upgrading

Post by BaldyCanuck »

New here, so hello to start with. I have been reading/searching the forums, but have not found a solution. I recently upgraded a k40 to the DSP AWC708C and the test file runs great.

I am having issues getting any of my laptops to communicate VIA USB though. I have tried a couple, both with not installing the USB driver and then doing it seperate or doing it all combined. As well, the OS patch that was sent to me in the email is read but I get an Upgrade error on a 2 GB USB formatted to Fat 32.

I am sure I am probably missing something, but after 3 nights, I am at a loss. All help is appreciated.
jpenner20

Re: DSP not communicating or upgrading

Post by jpenner20 »

did you ever get you dsp to communicate and upgrade I am having a similar problem
metaldz

Post by metaldz »

Same here, Laser is working with the test file on the controller but I can not get it to communicate with my computer.
tansh

Post by tansh »

metaldz wrote:Same here, Laser is working with the test file on the controller but I can not get it to communicate with my computer.
In LaserCAD, there is a Control Panel on the right. Click "Select Mode" under Communication mode. Click "Add" for USB Mode. Then there should be a "USB Com" window pop out. Click on "FindCom" then "OK". That should establish the link between computer and controller.

To verify, draw a simple rectangle or circle in LaseCAD, then click "Download", then click "Download Document". If the communication works, you should hear a beep sound from the controller.

Return to “DSP X7”