Forum suggestion

twehr

Forum suggestion

Post by twehr »

Marco,

The current cnc/Co2 laser section is primarily devoted to tech support for the dsp and other controllers and drivers. That is great and a valuable resource for your customers.

If there were another section - something like "CO2 Laser Discussion" - it could also be a valuable resource for current and potential customers to discuss more general laser topics, like a project showcase, talk about techniques, materials, etc. I think it is important to keep the two areas separate so people can get their tech support quickly, but still have a source for building a dedicated laser-user community.

I would be happy to help moderate the section, so it would not be an extra burden on you.

If any of the readers are interested in this, let Marco know by replying to this topic.

Marco, you are welcome to tell us what you think, either here nor through the email address you have for me.

Just an idea!
Tech_Marco

Re: Forum suggestion

Post by Tech_Marco »

Hello Tim, just created a top for CO2 discussion. Now you're the Captain of that topic! Try it and let me know what else you need.

Marco
baccus61

Post by baccus61 »

Sounds good.
I might start helping by posting my INI. file for my gantry table so others may be able to get up to speed a bit quicker. That way all they have to do is

1 - read the data into the driver to initialize it
2 - then load the INI. file for their machine or something close to it
3 - then change a few settings for their machine
4 - then save using gxfc88 password

I have found that some of the naming conventions for some of the labels on the driver can be a bit confusing which set me back a bit until I got my head around what the meaning was.

Oh, and I would change the heading of the Thread to " How to get your Laser set up "
Or something simple and meaningful.

Rich.
twehr

Post by twehr »

A note to all:

We are getting the new discussion area set up. Had some technical difficulties this weekend, but hopefully will have it up sometime today.
Please check back later and look for the new area - C02 Laser Discussion.

Thanks!

tim

Return to “DSP X7”