4 Axis Controller + Laser Controller Questions (TB6560)

GeneYo

4 Axis Controller + Laser Controller Questions (TB6560)

Post by GeneYo »

I just purchased your newly designed 4 axis CNC/ laser board (TB6560). The board arrived today but no documentation. I can figure out the basics such as connecting the LPT1 to a computer, Power, Stepper Motor Wiring. I've made up a couple stepper controller boxes in the past so have a reasonable idea how to do the basic wiring given the labels on the board.

What I cannot figure out and need help with is the following:
1. There appears to be a couple different dip switch settings for each motor and not sure on the settings. My guess is one controls direction and the other is for 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 steps but not sure which one is which and how to set the dip switches.
2. Setup within the Mach3 software (ports / pins), etc. to use this board.
3. Outputs for sending a 5 VDC signal to a laser TTL (Typical White + and Blue -) for controlling. I'm also assuming there is some special setup within Mach3 for these functions but unsure what to do.
4. Limit Port wiring (limit switches)

Just to confirm the following. I have a 6.5 amp 24 volt power supply for running this board. There is no need for an additional 5 volt or similar input.
GeneYo

Re: 4 Axis Controller + Laser Controller Questions (TB6560)

Post by GeneYo »

Thanks for the PDF / instruction link.

I have one point of confusion and that is where / how to connect a laser TTL connections. Looking at the board instructions it leaves me guessing on what to connect where for TTL. Everything else seems very straightforward.

I'm guessing this is the Relay Output on the board but no idea on how to connect.

Typical TTL connections are 2 wire and + 3 - 5 VCD and then another which is - 0 to -5 VCD.

Return to “DSP X7”