Problem with DSP/Stepper motor driver

dimky

Problem with DSP/Stepper motor driver

Post by dimky »

Hello everybody.

Just received dsp controller and other stuff.
And now i have problem with dsp controller / stepper motor driver.
When I trying to move x axis by pressing arrows, shaft does not move, it only squeaks inside the motor.
Why?
Tech_Marco

Re: Problem with DSP/Stepper motor driver

Post by Tech_Marco »

Need more information from you.
1) What kind of stepping motor driver are you using?
2) What configuration are you using to drive the driver?
3) What kind of motor? Current?
4) What size of power supply? V and A?

It seems that the problem is from the motor driver, not from the card.
dimky

Post by dimky »

1) 5042 drivers
2) 11000111
3) nema 23 motor, 2.8A
4) 24v / 15a power supply. Bought from you.

I tried two motor drivers. Both do the same.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Does it happen to 'Y' axis?Or, it just happen to the 'X'?
If 'Y' is OK, apply 'X' output to the 'Y' motor to check whether the 'X' motor good or bad.

Did you look at the configuration setup and double check the parameters?
What speed are you using? 300mm/s, 500mm/s or ... ?

Also, double check the wire see if losing connection.
baccus61

Post by baccus61 »

Ok.
What machine do you have?

Only adjust 1 axis at a time and 1 setting at a time. It makes it easier to find out what happens and you will learn more that way about how it all works.

If you have a Chinese glass tube laser machine then ask someone to post their INI. file here so that you can get all the hard work done straight away. All the setting that come with the software are way too much for my gantry so I set them all to a much lower value and then built from there.

Draw a small square in your drawing program, about 30mm x 30mm then click on your process button to open the process dialogue box with all the settings in it.

When you try to set up the software you need to "read" the settings first under the machine info tab then after you alter them you need to "save" them using the password "gxfc88".

The manual doesn't tell you this.

Have you set the proper pulses per mm in the setup tab. If you have a 3:1 reduction drive then set it to something small like 20 pulses per mm. If it is a direct drive then set it to something like 5 pulses per mm.

Every time you set new values you need to "save" them for them to be read into the DSP. You only need to type in the password if you are changing the MOTOR characteristics of the machine. All the rest you can just select "save" and it will be saved out. This stops people wrecking your setup without your permission.

Then in the " manual " tab ( the last one) you can input a distance and a speed (start off with small amounts like 20mm and 10 mm/sec) and then check with a rule how far it goes then adjust the steps per mm until you get it right.
If it goes too far then you need to increase the steps per mm to reduce the distance.

Increase the distance to about 300mm later on to get it spot on.
I just lay a rule on the table and set the red pointer to 10mm mark then see how far it travels along it for a known setting.

I have a home built gantry table with 1.5M x 0.8M size and RF laser tube so I need different values than most other people so I can't give you my INI. file. Shame.
Let me know how you get on.
Rich.
dimky

Post by dimky »

Hey baccus61!

Thanks for reply, but problem now doens't exist. :) My homemade machine already working.
irfanulla

pictures of your machine

Post by irfanulla »

Hi _ can you post some pictures of your machine

thanks in advance!
twehr

Re: pictures of your machine

Post by twehr »

irfanulla wrote:Hi _ can you post some pictures of your machine

thanks in advance!

If you post pictures, please do so in the co2 Laser Discussion area. That way we can have a thread dedicated to your machine and leave the current area open for tech support issues.

thanks!

Return to “DSP X7”