new lasercad v. 7.09 does not show the PPI avalaible but cut

waltfl

new lasercad v. 7.09 does not show the PPI avalaible but cut

Post by waltfl »

Hi marco
first thanks for the new version lasercad.
I have installed the new version after removing all files of the old version and changed the soft.cfg to 1 like you have explained but I still found the PPI settings are greyed out and can not select them. now comes the curiosity even without setting any PPI it cuts as if PPI was set and I can not change it. but at the installed version without CorelDraw I can set it.
you explained one time in the past a procedure how to get rid of the old versions with something going in the H-Key settings but I lost this and can not find it on the forum ether.
could you please post it again??
the most important ist the PPI scenario.
thanks
waltfl
Attachments
PPInot shown.jpg
PPInot shown.jpg (209.35 KiB) Viewed 10831 times
nephertiti

Re: new lasercad v. 7.09 does not show the PPI avalaible but

Post by nephertiti »

Hi, I didn't get new version mail :)
waltfl

Post by waltfl »

Hi marco
ok the PPI works with the standalone version but not with the corel link .
I change the setting to 1 in the corel lasercad folder but it still does not work even that the soft.cfg shows the setting with 1
thanks walt
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Walt:

Sorry, I really don't have a clue in your case. It seems more or less that it is WIndows/CorelDraw issue. I don't see any problem on my PC here (Win7 or Win8) here and I didn't recall anyone that made the call either.

My suggestion is: uninstall the LaserCad, delete the folder completely, turn off the AntiVirus problem and do the installaton again

Marco
waltfl

Post by waltfl »

hi marco
thanks for the respond, question could there be somewhere in corel macro a place where the old lasercad soft.cfg is still hidden? like explained before the stand alone version works perfect.
I did already un install and delete and new install all but it keeps coming back
thanks walt

Tech_Marco wrote:Walt:

Sorry, I really don't have a clue in your case. It seems more or less that it is WIndows/CorelDraw issue. I don't see any problem on my PC here (Win7 or Win8) here and I didn't recall anyone that made the call either.

My suggestion is: uninstall the LaserCad, delete the folder completely, turn off the AntiVirus problem and do the installaton again

Marco
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Walt, that I really don't know. I don't think the PPI is related to the CorelDraw macro though. What the macro does is to transfer file from CorelDraw to the LaserCad. I think you may have old LaserCad 'left over' in the registry. You may want to clean it with the command "Regedit" on command prompt. Before doing this, uninstalled the current copy of LaserCad to make sure that your PC is clean. Once in the Regedit mode, use Search (under Software Category) and keyword "LaserCad" to find those registery, then delete what you found. After registry cleaned up, then reinstalled the LaserCad.

Warning: Back up the registry before doing editing on it. It is NOT recoverable once Saved

Marco
SWMS

Post by SWMS »

Look in C:\Program files\Corel\Corel Draw Graphics Suite X*\Programs\AWCcfg\

the file you need to edit will be in here.

Also I deleted the old shortcut to Laser CAD and put a shortcut on my desktop to:

C:\Program files\Corel\Corel Draw Graphics Suite X*\Programs\AWCPrograms\LaserCAD.exe
ltran2000

Post by ltran2000 »

I also have the same problem, lasercad V7, corel x4, fresh install, PPi gray-out
win xp, stand=alone have the same problem as corel version
waltfl

Post by waltfl »

Hi
I did all of this already in corel and the softcfg shows that it is edited right but the program does not bring up the PPI
but the stand alone version its perfect.
greetings
waltfl

SWMS wrote:Look in C:\Program files\Corel\Corel Draw Graphics Suite X*\Programs\AWCcfg\

the file you need to edit will be in here.

Also I deleted the old shortcut to Laser CAD and put a shortcut on my desktop to:

C:\Program files\Corel\Corel Draw Graphics Suite X*\Programs\AWCPrograms\LaserCAD.exe
SWMS

Post by SWMS »

Uninstall ALL of the versions of the LaserCAD programs and reinstall JUST the Corel version, then create a shortcut to the one in the Corel folder.

Try that
waltfl

Post by waltfl »

hi
all already done no change in the corel version
greetings
waltfl

SWMS wrote:Uninstall ALL of the versions of the LaserCAD programs and reinstall JUST the Corel version, then create a shortcut to the one in the Corel folder.

Try that
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

For those running LaserCad direct and having the PPI gray out, please use the following instruction to fix it

Open a file name "SoftCfg.ini" under the LaserCad\AWCCfg folder with notepad or any text editor.
Change "IfEnbleCountAndPPI=" from "0" to "1"
After change, it should look like this: IfEnbleCountAndPPI=1
That should solve the problem

Walt: I'm looking into your case

Marco
waltfl

Post by waltfl »

hi marco
in my case it doesn't the file say the " if enablecountandandppi=1" but it does not do it in the program, even with changing it back to =0 and then change it again to =1,it does not change in the program.
greetings
walt

Tech_Marco wrote:Open a file name "SoftCfg.ini" under the LaserCad\AWCCfg folder with notepad or any text editor.
Change "IfEnbleCountAndPPI=" from "0" to "1"
After change, it should look like this: IfEnbleCountAndPPI=1
That should solve the problem

Marco
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

There is another copy under the CorelDraw folder
It is under "Program Files (x86)" (assuming you're running Win7 or Win8), -> Corel- > CorelDraw Graphics Suite X5 (or X6) -> Program -> AWCCfg

Edit the "SoftCfg" by enable the IfEnbleCountAndPPI=1

That will fix it

Marco
waltfl

Post by waltfl »

hi marco

sorry I did this too that's why I am on the end of my possibility's
greetings
walt

Tech_Marco wrote:There is another copy under the CorelDraw folder
It is under "Program Files (x86)" (assuming you're running Win7 or Win8), -> Corel- > CorelDraw Graphics Suite X5 (or X6) -> Program -> AWCCfg

Edit the "SoftCfg" by enable the IfEnbleCountAndPPI=1

That will fix it

Marco

Return to “DSP X7”