Auto focus revisited

zkmiller

Re: Auto focus revisited

Post by zkmiller »

Marco,

Thank you so much for your patience and support! I have the auto focus working as it should. I had to make some adjustments to the positioning of my sensor because it was not in the correct position when the Z axis homed on reset. I don't really want to home the Z axis on reset but I can live with it.

Thanks again for your dedicated support and patience with folks like me.

Zeke
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

You don't have to have "Z home" but preferrable to have that enable. If not, then you need to make sure the range of Z is within the travelling limit or the Z bed will hit either the bottom or the ceiling. In some case, it may cause "out of limit" error. So, use it with care when "Home" is not set

Marco
NickWL

Post by NickWL »

zkmiller:
Last edited by NickWL on Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
NickWL

Post by NickWL »

zkmiller: where did did you get your autofocus end-stop sensor?
zkmiller

Post by zkmiller »

Not sure where it originates. It came with the laser machine. I got it from Automation Technologies (Keiling) but I decided to swap out the controller for a LightObjects AWC608 DSP controller. The switch appears to be a mechanical switch in a vertical housing. I have not found anything like it anywhere. Not sure where to get one.

Zeke
NickWL

Post by NickWL »

ZKM: Thanks Zeke. I'll stick with old (simple?) solution then!
lawrencejeff

Post by lawrencejeff »

Just to be really clear for anyone like me that in the future finds this thread.. you do not need to home z to use autofocus.
if when it hits the autofocus switch it gives you the error in this thread, disable hard limits on the z axis

So to get it setup
1) Wire to Z-
2) Enable Autofocus in the non service menu
3) Set the focus difference in the non service menu (the distance it lowers after triggering)
4) In the service menu disable Z hard limit
5) If you have a head mounted laser I would also wire another limit switch in parallel with the one on the head on the table so that if it goes much beyond the focus switch on the head it will still stop

Then hit the center Z/U button when over your material - select Autofocus and it should go up -hit the switch and then back down the proper distance

Return to “DSP X7”