questions about vfd:

dlr11

questions about vfd:

Post by dlr11 »

Hi,

I have purchased a "1.5KW 110V 2HP VFD AC Variable Frequency Speed Drive". I have downloaded the manual, but there are a few things I am unsure of. The manual talks about 220 volt single and three phase input connections, but the unit I bought is supposed to run from a 110 volt single phase input. What I am not clear about is which two of the three input terminals (R,S,T) should I connect to hot and neutral from the AC line?

Next question refers to the ground terminal on the main power strip. My unit does not have any of the layouts shown in the manual. Terminals are labeled R,S,T,P+,PR,U,V,W and a chinese symbol on the end at #9 position. Is #9 the earth ground connection?

Final question- the programing keypad is labeled slightly differently from the manual. Where the manual says for/rev for the upper left gray button, mine is labeled "jog". Which is it?

Thanks,

Doug
Tech_Marco

Re: questions about vfd:

Post by Tech_Marco »

I'll get you an answer after I collect those information from the supplier

FYI, 110V, 200V, or 380V single phases are sharing the same manual. All parameters are the same except for the current rating. For 1.5KW,110V, the current should be about 14A where 220V model should have current in about half which is 7A. The drive can take single phase or three phases input and output 3 phase in 110V
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

You can pick any two of the terminals for 110V input (R,S,T)

E=Ground or Earth(in UK), the connection diagram on the manual did show the ground 'symbol'

JOG= REV.
ripkadl

Post by ripkadl »

Thanks for the information regarding the connection and labeling.

Did I understand your reply correctly regarding the output of the vfd? That it is 110 volts single phase in, and 110 volts three phase out? I have never seen a 110 volt three phase motor. I want to power a 220 volt 3 phase motor on a drill press.

Regards,

Doug
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

You must get 220V VFD instead. The 110V VFD will output three phase 110V only.
Stoyan

Post by Stoyan »

Are you sure the 110v vfd will give you 3 phase 110v. I have seen 110v vfd that gives you 3 phasev220v. Up to 1hp. I'm interested of buying one those vfd, but if they give you 3 phase 110v they are worthless..
baccus61

Post by baccus61 »

Hi Doug,
Here is a link below to the Huangyuang VFD drives that may get you out of a pickle.

This CO2 Laser section probably isn't the best section to post this question as a lot of people might not see it so you probably should have been in the Electronics part.

Here is the link.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=293

It's probably hard to find on this forum but I hope this gets to you quickly enough so that you don't blindly change settings like I did and ended up in all sorts of trouble.

Rich.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Return to “DSP X7”