Shifting x & y position with cut & engraving jobs

brasscanary

Shifting x & y position with cut & engraving jobs

Post by brasscanary »

I'm having a great deal of trouble with the laser head shifting out of where it should be during vector jobs and engraving jobs due to what seems different reasons.

I've taken multiple different pathing scenarios to try to find a pattern. Each job was run between 2mm/s by up to 50 mm/s with the same results. The speed of the head while traveling was also reduced to 2mm/s to 50mm/s with no changes.
pathing 1.jpg
During the job cycle each square would shift up slightly, eventually resulting in the laser head to return to the origin above the original. Each job after would shift it up the exact same amount only along the y axis.
pathing 2.jpg
During the job cycle each square would shift to the right slightly, The return origin would be to the right of the original. each job had the exact same results.
pathing 3.jpg
During this job I changed the pathing to have alternating travel paths that moved diagonally. The results were however the exact same as the previous.
pathing 4.jpg
I also tried placing 48 of the exact same squares on top of each other. The result this time was each time the job was run it shifted an equal amount up & to the right

Here's my settings.
crafts parameter.jpg
factory x.jpg
factory y.jpg
user parameters.jpg
Attachments
pathing 4.jpg
Tech_Marco

Re: Shifting x & y position with cut & engraving jobs

Post by Tech_Marco »

Try changing the pulse from " Rising" to "Falling" on Y axis. If not getting improvement, try this on X axis as well

Marco
brasscanary

Post by brasscanary »

Tried changing only y, only x, and then both. All have the same old results
joel1

Post by joel1 »

What is the machine? Is it a new setup?

I am in the process of building mine. When I did the first test on the XY table I was getting missed steps until I set the stepper driver up properly.

Joel
brasscanary

Post by brasscanary »

It's the LSR_LO12900ZR, I bought it directly from LO last year. It's always had some issue with this but until now I simply decided to work around the problem (breaking any job into multiple layers and resetting the controller between layers so it'd home.)
brasscanary

Post by brasscanary »

Ah there we have it. It was in fact the rising edge needed to be changed to falling edge. However it doesn't take effect until after the DSP is power cycled.

Return to “DSP T9”