Plesese try memory stick for Read and Write

Tech_Marco

Plesese try memory stick for Read and Write

Post by Tech_Marco »

Folks:

May I have your attention please. Would you guys please do me a favour. Plese try to test "read/write file" function on the LCD unit. Before doing so, please make sure that you ran the upgrade patch on your card if you purchase 2012 DSP card (AWC-608) before Jan 10,2012

The upgrade patch is either "111217v1.UG5" or "111217v2.UG5". You need one only. If the 1st one failed to upgrade andshow an error, don't worry, please try another file.
Procedure: copy those two files to a memory stick and insert it to the USB port of the DSP card. On the LCD unit, hit Menu and selelct Udrive. Select "Upgrade files" to pick up the upgrade file from the menu and hit Enter to upgrade the mainboard. It should take about 10~15s to complete it.

Upgrade patched included from the attachment below

Assuming the patch upgraded successful, then please do the following to test the memory stick for Read/Write

Procedure:
1) Draw something on LaserCad
2) Hit Download to save the file to the mainboard with a name say "test1"
3) Insert a momory stick to the USB port(to the DSP card, notthe PC!)
4) Click 'File' on the LCD unit, select the file you just save and select "Copy to Udrive"
5) Hit Reset as it's the 1st time to have a file in the memory stick (a small bug and should be fixed it in next upgrade patch)
6) Click Menu and select "UDisk File"
7) Select "Work' file"
8) Retive the file "test1" from the mainboard memory (any error here?)
9) Hit Start to run the file

Please tell me what you found. Fail or success to "Write" or "Read" the test file or not, please report to here

Thank you for your co-operation

Marco
Attachments
111217v1.UG5
(127.08 KiB) Downloaded 187 times
111217v2.UG5
(127.08 KiB) Downloaded 145 times
Tech_Marco

Re: Plesese try memory stick for Read and Write

Post by Tech_Marco »

Correction: To upgrade the patch, select "Upgrade' files" (using LCD module) instead of what I previous said "Config's file"

Sorry for the incovnenience

Marco
wctx1977

Post by wctx1977 »

Hi Marco!
I'll try it tomorrow and I'll let you know the results. Take care!
mattrsch

Post by mattrsch »

Marco,
I just tried your procedure. Everything worked, I encountered no issues. My laser gave birth to a beautiful baby cardboard oval!
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Thank you!

The programmer said that it's Epson Chipset issue that require "reset" press or unplugged USB in order to refresh memory. I hope that it won't cause too much trouble to you guys. Hopefully he can find a soluton.

Marco
waltfl

Post by waltfl »

Hi all
I got another issue with the USB stick I say it even if marco oust me out.
the USB stick files can only downloaded and reloaded from and to the machine because the card only recognizes the file format " . UD5" what means I can not prepaire a file on another computer with lasercut 5.85 save it to the USB stick and put it in the machine to work with it because in lasercut it is not possible to save to the USb stick in the machine file format " UD5" the savings option ther are only "pwj5" what the machien does not recognize. even in the export options is no option for format " UD5"
this means that a computer has to be connected to the machine to download the work file first what is against the intend that I can use the machine independend from the computer via the USB stick
the other part is due to this format dilemma that a file can not reloaded from the USb stick in to lasercut to rework the file.
greetings
walt
mattrsch

Post by mattrsch »

Tech_Marco wrote:Thank you!

The programmer said that it's Epson Chipset issue that require "reset" press or unplugged USB in order to refresh memory. I hope that it won't cause too much trouble to you guys. Hopefully he can find a soluton.

Marco
It won't cause me any trouble. I didn't even know about the issue until I tried what you suggested.
wctx1977

Post by wctx1977 »

waltfl wrote:Hi all
the USB stick files can only downloaded and reloaded from and to the machine because the card only recognizes the file format " . UD5" what means I can not prepaire a file on another computer with lasercut 5.85 save it to the USB stick and put it in the machine to work with it because in lasercut it is not possible to save to the USb stick in the machine file format " UD5" the savings option ther are only "pwj5" what the machien does not recognize. even in the export options is no option for format " UD5"
this means that a computer has to be connected to the machine to download the work file first what is against the intend that I can use the machine independend from the computer via the USB stick
the other part is due to this format dilemma that a file can not reloaded from the USb stick in to lasercut to rework the file.
greetings
walt
Are you OK? You and your shop need an exorcism.
waltfl

Post by waltfl »

He hey my friend,
nice tip. but this problemes only come after some time and the other probleme is that there is no real manual where it is described how to do the simple thing for instance the UD5 files can only be saved if you go in the download ( what actually is for downloading from lasercut to the machine) but there you can select the stick and save the file to it.
what still has the issue that you can not reload a UD5 file in to lasercut programm to make some changes or bring the changes what is made on the machine during operating.
greetings
walt

wctx1977 wrote:
waltfl wrote:Hi all
greetings
walt
Are you OK? You and your shop need an exorcism.

Return to “DSP X7”