2012 DSP Feature Request : PPI

Tech_Marco

Re: 2012 DSP Feature Request : PPI

Post by Tech_Marco »

Update: I've talked to Li and he said that he was working on the PPI after spending time to fix some bugs on the card and the software.

As most of you can tell, the 2012 AWC-608 have gone through a rough path as it's a new developed card for about 6 months. Now it's getting closed (very closed) to trouble free and more stable than it's just came out. Plus, software is more stable and enhancement has been done for last two months. Personally speaking, I think the card is very good now and I really don't see any major trouble even though I won't say it's 100% bug free. Since I"m not using the card for production, I may not be able to see the trouble you may have. But I have been testing for at least 30 cards so far, what the problem I seem so far is that it's more like 'confuse' other than a real 'trouble'. This is due to the lack of supportive manual for reference. First draft of English manual is ready but it still need some works before I will release it.

The PPI should be available in about a week. Plus, I've make a request that the new LaserCad to support Illustration for version CS. Currently it support up to ver 8.0 which is way behind the current version CS5.5.

Thank you for patience with us

Regards,
Marco
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Update: V5.90 with PPI is ready. Li is doing test on the upgrade patch for the DSP card. In order to support the PPI, the mainboard need to be upgraded. I'll post both software and the patch once he completed the test.

His forumula:

For every 25.4*1000)/(2*PPI) um (distance), signal level reversed.

PPI = Pulse per inch
inch = 25.4mm
mm = 1000um

Marco
Attachments
PPI.JPG
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

PPI completed and available to download from there:
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=1095&p=4030#p4030

Please try it out and report any issue to me

Marco
bluewave65

Post by bluewave65 »

Works fine, but i don`t understand why is ppi setting located in that area ???????
It should be in lasercad layers section to set each layer with another ppi setting ...........

Dave
Greolt

Post by Greolt »

bluewave65 wrote:Works fine, but i don`t understand why is ppi setting located in that area ???????
It should be in lasercad layers section to set each layer with another ppi setting ...........
Yes it should be alongside speed and power.

Greolt
Rcheroske

Post by Rcheroske »

Just tried the PPI. Works great!

Return to “DSP X7”