Cannot control power for Laser. Full power all the time.

prcdslnc13

Cannot control power for Laser. Full power all the time.

Post by prcdslnc13 »

Hi,
I just replaced the power supply in my K40 Laser with this one here http://www.automationtechnologiesinc.co ... wer-supply

No matter what I do Im getting full power to the tube, somewhere between 15-17ma which is wayyyyyy to much for my little K40. I have tried limiting max power in the software, on the program, on the LCD. Im lost, did I bone up and get a non-pwm powersupply?
prcdslnc13

Re: Cannot control power for Laser. Full power all the time.

Post by prcdslnc13 »

i feel like the answer is no this is not a PWM power supply, but I found this: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=746

I got my controller in March this year and the 608DSP description says its supports analog. Are the parts already in my controller and I just need to do the jumper work? If that's all I need to do I will be a happy camper.
Maverick

Post by Maverick »

photos, information about your connections and wiring would be helpful

I'm not 100% sure of it, but believe this is for the same or similar power supply.
http://www.jinlantrade.com/ebay/40W%20C ... supply.pdf

check your wiring, nobody can help you with that if we know nothing about it.
prcdslnc13

Post by prcdslnc13 »

No that one has different port labeling. Here is the Diagram they give for my PS. Ill take pictures of my wiring tonight as well.
Attachments
2014-12-12 16_17_25-www.automationtechnologiesinc.com_wp-content_uploads_downloads_2013_12_40Wlaserp.png
waltfl

Post by waltfl »

hi there
if does are the only marking then you got a analog powersupply because PWM powersupplies got a "TH' and a " TL "on it.
greetings
waltfl

prcdslnc13 wrote:No that one has different port labeling. Here is the Diagram they give for my PS. Ill take pictures of my wiring tonight as well.
prcdslnc13

Post by prcdslnc13 »

Well some how last night I got it so that I can control power and its working pretty well. I wired it up like the diagram shows and its working as well as it did with the pwm power supply I used to have in it. Is there an issue wiring it this way.
Attachments
download_20141213_115536.png
download_20141213_115536.png (181.46 KiB) Viewed 4552 times
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

:eek: That doesn't looks right to me. You're connecting the PWM and the TTL to the ground. You may damage the circuit from the DSP output port.
If that is the case, you need to send it back to China for service as I have no way to repair it. You can't just do random testing without knowing the basic electronics. It is a dangerous move

Marco
prcdslnc13

Post by prcdslnc13 »

So the P and L on that PS are ground? Its wired like this:

DSP. PS
Ground ---- ground
TTL --_------ L
PWM ------- IN *jumped* P

If this isn't correct can you tell me how to wire it Marco? The DSP description says it supports analog. But doesn't give a guide on wiring.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

I don't understand why you connected "P" to the "IN". It is totally against the basic electricity. You're trying to short the circuit.
'P' should be interpreted as water protection and should be "Level low" activated.

It is not about analog or PWM here. It is about connection and the compatibility issue. I don't have this kind of power supply on hand so I can't made advise how to connect it. I was looking for a donation from folks who no longer need when trashed out from a K40. But so far no one is interested.

When I tested my old K40, the result was terrible because the input circuit got saturated very quick. The result was having low contrast compare to a PWM. Then, the original K40 PSU die and before it die, it killed my DSP card. But that PSU was older than the one you have. So, yours may work but I'm not so sure.

Marco
prcdslnc13

Post by prcdslnc13 »

With P not connected nothing will fire. With it connected to PWM it will fire but full power all the time. With PWM connected to IN and no P no laser fire. With it jumped I can fire and control the power. So that us why I'm confused.
prcdslnc13

Post by prcdslnc13 »

I really appreciate your patience Marco.
prcdslnc13

Post by prcdslnc13 »

Looking at this diagram the P is the laser power switch. And L is for the test switch. Which makes since for the behavior I was seeing.

With P online it was getting a power signal but no input for how much.

With IN only I got a "how much" but no trigger. Now with I jumped it has a trigger and a how much. TTL is a question though too.
prcdslnc13

Post by prcdslnc13 »

This is what the laser is currently producing. Seems like its working well, but Im building this to give to a friend so I want to make sure its right.
Attachments
IMG_20141214_131628.jpg
2014-12-12.jpg
prcdslnc13

Post by prcdslnc13 »

any other feed back based on what Ive provided? I need to start using this thing and if I need to order a new power supply I want to get on it so I can get it before christmas.

Thanks guys

Return to “DSP X7”