X7 issue.

MrHarley

X7 issue.

Post by MrHarley »

I got an X7 DSP, just have a couple of issues
As soon as i turn on k40, it homes correctly to both X and Y at far left, then races across to far right and parks there!.
Second issue, On Lasercad i have an object to be cut set in the center of work space, but when i use the box function to check where its gonna cut, the head traces out the box from where it parked at the far right. As if everything starts at the far right and not where you place what you want to do within the work space. Thanks!
litterbox99

Re: X7 issue.

Post by litterbox99 »

My 900 x 600 X7 does the same thing, I think it's normal.
Since day one, I allways build my projects working from right
to left and down.

Been doing it for years. I even start a new project by drawing
an 3 mil circle in the upper right corner to set home.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

It sounds totally normal to me. It is all about setting.
It is home first then moved to the right. It is because you set your origin to the spot right. It is the location the laser start when press Start. Should you want it settle in different location, just use the arrow keys to move the laser head around, then press "Origin". The laser head will go to the new location after Home

For the other issue, you need to check your setting on software. Make sure that Page Zero , Machine Zero, and Position Relative are the same as your home location which is the top left in your case

Marco
MrHarley

Post by MrHarley »

Thanks for the help!, OK, so i have it homed top left now from power on.
Still have the issue though where i draw a simple 5x5cm box in the center of the LaserCad software UI, press the "Run Box" tab and it just creates the box size just off the origin instead of in the middle as shown in the UI. Page Zero , Machine Zero, and Position Relative are set correctly.
Would the "Base Position" tab next to the X, Y coordinates rectify this?

Return to “Tips and new on the DSP & Software”