Frequently Asked Questions

Tech_Marco

Frequently Asked Questions

Post by Tech_Marco »

Dear customers, please register an account to view more contents on our forum.

My transaction failed, will I be charged?
After a few days, the "pending" status on you bank will become "rejected." You can reorder using another type of payment because the old order did not go through.

How to choose a new CO2 laser tube?
Most brands' CO2 glass laser tubes are interchangeable.
Measure the length and diameter of the old tube, higher power tube takes more space. Bigger mounts may be needed.
Higher power tubes need bigger water chillers.
Check the laser power supply power rating, make sure it can drive the tube.

What lens should I use?
Measure the diameter that fits. Measure the distance between the lens and the nozzle tip if you do not know the focal length. You may do a ramp test.
focal length.gif
What is the difference between the DSP controllers?
Many controllers are interchangeable. Try out their corresponding software first (download hereviewforum.php?f=55).
dsp compare.gif
Low cutting power. Do I have a bad laser power supply or a bad CO2 laser tube?
If the current(mA) output is normal, the power supply is good. The loss of power can be caused by dirty optics and misalignment too. It is not a bad idea to have a backup power supply anyway. Depending on the gases inside the glass tube, it may not go above 6mA even with a good power supply. Good power supply can make hissing noise on bad tube.

No laser output on the new Laser Power Supply
To eliminate wrong wiring, unplug the 6pin connector from the LPS. Make sure the potentiometer is not at low output, then press the red test button. If the tube fires, very likely there was an wiring mistake between the controller and the laser power supply.

How to stop the arcing on the high voltage side?
Shield it with a piece of silicone tube. (The same type used to connect the water chiller.) Make sure to put back the plastics cap that comes with large tube.

How do I know what stepper motor it is?
Look at the stepper motor driver. If it has UVW three wires, it is a three phases motor. If it has AABB four wires, it is a two phases motor. Check the dimensions. Check the current rating.

What are the materials of the lens and mirror?
Mo mirror is tougher; Si mirror is a little bit more reflective.
GaAs lens is tougher than ZnSe lens.

What goggle should I use?
For CO2 laser, choose the 10600nm goggle. For other types of laser, choose their corresponding wavelength.

What accessories are needed for the CO2 laser machine?
Water chiller, Air assist (pump), and Exhaust.

More questions? Please email us [email protected]