LaserDRW / CorelLASER Cutting Line Twice

dave92

LaserDRW / CorelLASER Cutting Line Twice

Post by dave92 »

Hi Guys,

Having an issue when using corel draw the machine cuts a hairline line twice. Ive set it not to repeat the cut but it still does it. Anyone have any ideas?

Ive attached a screenshot of my drawing.
screenshot.png
screenshot.png (14.47 KiB) Viewed 2301 times
NickWL

Re: LaserDRW / CorelLASER Cutting Line Twice

Post by NickWL »

I suspect you have two lines superimposed in the drawing.
Try selecting little bits of the picture and pulling them away to see if they reveal an underlying duplicate. Then use CTRL (or cmd on an Apple) Z to put them back where they were [one at a time] if they don't.
dave92

Post by dave92 »

I found the solution!

To make the CorelLASER cut correctly you need to make the object solid black and any holes need to be white. Like below
cut_good_bad.png
cut_good_bad.png (2.51 KiB) Viewed 2253 times
One thing I figured out is that CorelDRAW (my version is X7) defaults is color mode to CMYK. Fore some weird reason my cutter cannot see CMYK "White" and totally ignores it! To get around this I went into CorelDRAW and went to Tools > Options then change default color mode to RGB like below.
rgb.png
rgb.png (21.61 KiB) Viewed 2253 times
Once this is changed set the white cut out parts to white again, only this time it will be RGB "white" and not CMYK "white" - for some reason this makes a difference!

When you submit it to cut make sure you change it to inside first otherwise the materiel will move and nothing will line up.
inside.png
Hope this helps CorelLASER users!
snarke

Post by snarke »

dave92 wrote:Having an issue when using corel draw the machine cuts a hairline line twice.....I found the solution!
This is a property of the plug-in, not CorelDraw. And I've found it's not a question of making the object black. If you want to cut the shape once, then you need to create it with a fill, but not a stroke.

You see, it wasn't *actually* cutting the line twice. You only thought that it was because your lines were very thin. If you'd used a wider stroke, you'd have seen that the machine was cutting the *inside* edge of the stroke, and then the *outside* edge. That's what was causing the double-cut.

BTW, this means it is impossible to cut line segments. You can only cut closed loops.
dave92

Post by dave92 »

I thought it would be something like this. The software has its limitations but once you work its quirks its actually quite usable and fairly stable.

Thanks for taking the time to respond i hope this helps other users of LaserDRW.

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”