Is it time to replace the laser tube?

creationzart

Is it time to replace the laser tube?

Post by creationzart »

Hello,
I have a 900x1200 machine with 130W laser tube. I purchased the machine back in 2017. I mainly cut 1/2" MDF. I have been only running the machine at 35% power since I got it. Some of my cutting jobs last for more than an hour. Lately, I am noticing that if a job that takes longer than 30 min or so then the machine doesn't cut all the way in areas outside of 24"x24" part of the bed. If I cut a test piece even at the far end, the test piece cuts fine.
My theory is that if the machine is running longer, then the tube loses power and doesn't cut.
Anyone else having the same issue?
I tried calling the LightObject but no one picks up the phone or they never call back. Very disappointed with the support!
mrsunnylam

Re: Is it time to replace the laser tube?

Post by mrsunnylam »

I am sorry you feel that way about Lightobject but I am here to help you if possible. This post was posted this morning,and I’m here to help you today, we also have the live chat option online.It does seem like you’re 130 W laser tube may be Time to get a new one can you please send us images of what your cut looks like? You can post it here so others can see what the issue is.

Return to “CNC zone”