4CH RF Wireless Remote Control 1527 Kit (ERF-4A4331527M)

sonic13

4CH RF Wireless Remote Control 1527 Kit (ERF-4A4331527M)

Post by sonic13 »

Hi

Could it be that this remote has interferences with my remote key for my car?
(car is a 2010 camaro from usa)
since i have installed that remote, my car-remote just works in ranges from 2-3 meters (before it was a range about 20-30 meters)

regards, marcel
Tech_Marco

Re: 4CH RF Wireless Remote Control 1527 Kit (ERF-4A4331527M)

Post by Tech_Marco »

It can't be as the controller is running at 433MHz and car remote is running something else with encoded channel.
Even without power up the RF set and you still have 2~3 ft range? Then, you may need to check the battery of your car remote. Or, check the antenna of your car remote system. Never heard a single case like that.

Marco
sonic13

Post by sonic13 »

great, thanks for the info. i was also a bit confused about it and did not really believed in that.
batterys i changed to new ones, antenna is ok (connection, dunno if the antenna has a problem inside).
so i have to check some more parts :-o
Tech_Marco wrote:It can't be as the controller is running at 433MHz and car remote is running something else with encoded channel.
Even without power up the RF set and you still have 2~3 ft range? Then, you may need to check the battery of your car remote. Or, check the antenna of your car remote system. Never heard a single case like that.

Marco
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Driver your car to some place else and test it again. Sometimes some unknown interference may cause the problem like Air force. You may not believe it but sometimes it can 'jam' off your cellular phone!

In your case, just power off the RF unit or simply remove it from your car and do some basic test. I'll be very surprise if it can jam a car's remote. Well, things could happen and it's not against the odd

Marco

Return to “RF Wireless Controller”