Is there a reset on the 612?

winemaker

Is there a reset on the 612?

Post by winemaker »

During a test of the system, with immersion heaters, water pump and temp probe all connected, PID initially worked nominally. During operation I attempted to reset target value temp. Not sure what happened at that point, either a programming error during powered operation or a hardware malfunction, but upper display window would not light up when system was powered up. At that point I couldn’t program the unit again. Question is: did I do something to create a programming problem or was it a hardware malfunction? How can I test the unit to determine the nature of the failure? Is there a master reset command or hardware reset? I could not access AT mode with > depressed. I installed a spare 612 unit and it worked perfectly in all modes. Infant mortality??
richiem

Re: Is there a reset on the 612?

Post by richiem »

My 612 has never objected to re-programming while running, so I think the infant mortality diagnosis is correct. I would try just letting it sit for a while and then try it again... but I don't think it will help.
winemaker

Post by winemaker »

Thanks. Do you know if the unit is warranteed? I just assembled the temp controller last week but I purchased the unit a few months ago.
richiem

Post by richiem »

Check with Tech_Marco at LightObject.com if that's who you bought it from -- otherwise talk to the supplier you used.

Thinking about it, just leaving the power off should kind of reset the unit, but if the microcontroller's ROM is bad, there's nothing to be done. I once had an old Fluke 8000 digital voltmeter that went goofy. I put it under the bench and forgot about it for a couple of years. When I found it and plugged it in again, it worked perfectly. I figured that some static charge had messed with some bit of CMOS circuitry in the thing and that after the charge bled off, it was fine. Give the thing a week or so of power off, and see what happens.

Return to “Temperature Controller”