what would be a way to verify if my JLD612 is functional?

earlyadopter

what would be a way to verify if my JLD612 is functional?

Post by earlyadopter »

I've spent more than 2 weeks reading this forum, trying to figure out how to make the JLD612 working.

I need to control temperature in the Crockpot. Using J type thermocouple.

Connected 110v to contacts 1 and 2, thermocouple to contacts 9 (red contact) and 10 (blue one), and SSR relay's 3-32 v inputs to controller's contacts 6 and 7.

Connected relay for testing purposes to a table lamp instead of a crockpot to verify if it'll automatically switch the lamp on and off by changing temperature.

Other settings:

Set 0089:
Inty: J
Outy: 2
HY: 003 (don't understand what it is, but looks like it does not affect anything)
Psb: 0
Rd: 0
CorF: 1

Set 0036:
SV: 70
AH1: 72
AL1: 71
AH2: 69
AL2: 68

Temperature controller starts up, shows the desired and current temperature, AL1 and AL2 indicators goes on and off when temperature goes up through 68 and 72. I hear clicking sound when the temperature becomes 70, but nothing changes on contacts 6 and 7 which supposed to make SSR relay to switch the lamp off when it's over 70 degrees F — only the clicking sound. "Out" indicator is blinking sometimes when the temperature is below 70.

When I use a ~9v battery to trigger the relay — I can verify the relay is working. But seams the temperature controller does not produce promised 8 volts on contacts 6 and 7 — I can't measure anything meaningful by the voltmeter there.

I have two theories:
- either I'm doing something wrong, or
- JLD612 is not working as supposed to.

The question is: how to verify if the JLD612 functional (and I mean properly working, not just showing me the temperature and clicking when I need it to stop sending 8 volts to a relay)?

Or — if it's not, what is the procedure to ask for a replacement?

I bought directly from the lightobject site on December 6, 2010, and received few days later, and trying to make it working since then.
glassguy213

Re: what would be a way to verify if my JLD612 is functional

Post by glassguy213 »

You can see my post on another question about the JDL612 but the one thing is that your SV is only 70 degreed F so it is likely that your actual temp (PV) will be over this meaning the output should not come on.

You should be able to do a manual test of your components using my set up on the other post.

Your settings look good (except a SV of 70). You tested the SSR with a 9v battery which is good. Note that the outputs for SSR on pins 6 and 7 have a + and - so make sure they are connected to your SSR accordingly.

I had purchased a controller from another vendor and the output was defective so it is possible that yours is defective, but test it manually as I mention in my other post.

Return to “Temperature Controller”