JLD634 Controller- Output Light Always On

steveg

JLD634 Controller- Output Light Always On

Post by steveg »

I have recently set up a JLD634 controller on my kiln and cannot seem to configure it correctly as the 'output' light on the front of the controller panel is always on. The controller is connected to a SSR (4-32 VDC) which then is connected to the heating element on the Kiln. I have set the controller to operate as ramp and soak.

I have the controller operating in S-PV mode and alarm set points are all set at '0'. When I run the program it activates the SSR and the kiln heats up. When the PV reaches the SV the ouput value displayed on the controller screen goes from 100% down to 0% but the oupt light on the controller remains on and the SSR is still activated and continues to heat the kiln. Any thoughts? The settings under password 0089 are-

Inty- J
PvL- 0
PvH- 2000
dot- 0
rd- 0
obty- 4-20
obl- 0
oAty- 4-20
EL- off
SS- 0
rES- 0
uP-0
richiem

Re: JLD634 Controller- Output Light Always On

Post by richiem »

I've never used or even seen one of these, so my comments may not help. I believe your problem is in having the outputs configured for 4-20mA current loop control -- this is for industrial control systems and not for use with an SSR. Use the 10V output for SSR drive. Don't know what option code this is, but the manual should show it.

Return to “Temperature Controller”