Jld612 reverse temperature reading

Wato

Jld612 reverse temperature reading

Post by Wato »

I connected a k type probe today to my jld612 unit and the temperature went in the reverse. Up on cooler temp, and down on the warmer temps. I checked my parameters with my other working unit and it is the same, but the readings are opposite.
How can I correct this problem.

Regards.
richiem

Re: Jld612 reverse temperature reading

Post by richiem »

Reverse the leads of the probe connections -- thermocouples have a + and a - and you've got them backwards.
Wato

Post by Wato »

They are connected properly. The red and white wire with the red connector is on pin 9, and the blue is on 10.
I switched them yesterday however and the temp went in the correct direction, but it did not read correctely to the other pid and a inferred thermometer I have. The temp was at 225f and the pid went up to 165f. Is there a self test for the pid? Because the k type probe is new.

Regards.
richiem

Post by richiem »

I'm not doubting that you've done things correctly, but just to be sure, you have set OutY for K thermocouple, yes?

As far as I know, the 612 does not have a self-test routine.

That the K thermocouple is new may not assure that it is working correctly, and there's no simple test for thermocouples except for connecting to an appropriate meter. If you have another K probe, try it.
Wato

Post by Wato »

Thats ok, I have set Outy to k, the backward 4 or half of a k.

I have replaced it with the old probe which i changed because it was 10 deg higher all the time, and it worked +10f as usual.

I will switch it with the other unit tomorrow to test the probe.

Regards.
richiem

Post by richiem »

OK, then it's a probe issue and you can use the 612's offset correction to get it to read correctly.
Wato

Post by Wato »

I have searched far and wide for info on the offset correction and no results, so I have to ask. What is the offset correction procedures for the 612?
richiem

Post by richiem »

The manual, available here at the site, shows that the 0089 initialization loop has a setting for PSb -- probe setting error compensation. Just dial in the degrees of offset you need; I think it should automatically be C or F depending on your choice of reading output.
Wato

Post by Wato »

I have swiched the reverse problem probe with the other pid and it has the same problem, therefore the probe is faulty. I have reverted and sticking with the old probe and will use the probe correction function to compensate.

Thanks Richiem.

Return to “Temperature Controller”