Jld 612 - insane readings and rapid changes...

nlhaines

Jld 612 - insane readings and rapid changes...

Post by nlhaines »

...usually when al1 and al2 toggle on and off.

I have the controller fitted with a pt100 probe (set for p10.0 or p100). Its wired to an outlet according to the SSR setup from the manual. There are also a couple of uncontrolled outlets that remain on. The only modification that I have made is to add a wire from the shielded thermocouple cable to where the second blue thermocouple is connected

Everything will function fairly normally, I believe, until the al1 and al2 lights click off and the readings go haywire. The reading will sometimes change 400 or more F and stabilize until the lights click back on Should these lights even be on for me?

Here is a Video of the Problem: http://www.flickr.com/photos/75833803@N ... hotostream

Thanks for any help!
richiem

Re: Jld 612 - insane readings and rapid changes...

Post by richiem »

Unless you need the alarm lights/relays, just set them to values that will never trigger them. That should help.

Some JLD612s appear to have problems in the Pt100 circuits (the Pt100 is not a thermocouple, by the way -- it's a resistance temperature detector).

If changing the alarm settings solves your problem, then you are AOK; no worries. If it doesn't, then contact Marco.
nlhaines

Post by nlhaines »

Who is Marco and How do I get in touch with him?

Changing the Alarm settings seems to have helped, but only marginally. I'm uploading another video now, which I'll link when it's complete (EDIT: link below). At this point I'm guessing I have a bad probe, but that's purely based on my intuition.

Any other thoughts based on this new video? http://www.flickr.com/photos/75833803@N08/6808847504/
richiem

Post by richiem »

If your parts came from Lightobject, Tech_Marco, who posts here, is the company owner. You can post to him for assistance. He's a good guy.

It may be a bad probe; it may be a bad controller -- my bet is that it's the controller, based on the erratic action connected to the alarm response.

Return to “Temperature Controller”