45° angle cutting head for Lightobject cutter?

jgigantino

45° angle cutting head for Lightobject cutter?

Post by jgigantino »

Hi, I have a recently purchased and got online an older Lightobject 150 watt CO2 laser cutter. I have a client who needs material cut at a 45° angle.

The solutions I've seen online are either to build a jig or have a modified laser head that cuts at an angle. Due to the size of each work piece, I can't reliably use a jig for the cut.

Does anyone have a source for a modified laser head that can cut at an angle? Either for purchase or fabrication? Or other suggestions?

Thanks,
Josh
Tech_Marco

Re: 45° angle cutting head for Lightobject cutter?

Post by Tech_Marco »

It's not quite possible unless you 3D print an angle adapter. But it is almost "mission impossible" unless you are a good CNC and know Solidwork or Fusion360. Plus, even though you could make the adapter, it works for one 'one' side only because the angle is fixed. So, I will suggest not to go this route.

Marco
jgigantino

Post by jgigantino »

Marco,

The reason I ask is there is a company in Indonesia called IDI Laser Services that has a laser head that does these kinds of cuts.

I've got the jig half designed though, so that's the current/only route available right now.

Anyway, a head like this might be an add-on you guys can offer at some point, as it solves certain problems for certain jobs.

Best,
Josh
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

I don't see any good use in common because the angle is fixed but not 'dynamic'. It only works for very specific needs but will not be common

Return to “CO2 Laser Discussion”