LO Desktop Laser E5 Controller Issues

wmgeorge

LO Desktop Laser E5 Controller Issues

Post by wmgeorge »

I think I was one of the first to buy this from LO, 40 watt with E5 controller running on 120 volts. Was working fine until today. Two issues, I can not fire the laser from the DSP keypad, both doors switches are bypassed to eliminate that problem. I have 120 volts to the laser power supply and the water flow switch is working. So what low voltage terminals need to be powered or checked? I have a Fluke meter to check.

The DSP beeps when I press the Laser button, but no fire and the Jupiter LO-40W does not have a test button??

The machine will not run a downloaded file.... it acts like its stepping from one point to the next when the RUN button is pressed.

Suggestions and help and yes I have the wire connection PDF.
wmgeorge

Re: LO Desktop Laser E5 Controller Issues

Post by wmgeorge »

OK Problems solved since the connection diagram I had did not show the door switches I had assumed like normal ones they would be wired in series. Wrong. These were wired NC so when the door was OPEN they were closed. I took off my jumpers on the door switches and it works as it should. May I suggest this PDF diagram be updated to reflect the real wiring??

There seems to be no documentation per a normal controller, except what the seller writes.

Return to “CO2 Laser Discussion”