Aluminum frame/ case for CO2 laser machine

Tech_Marco

Aluminum frame/ case for CO2 laser machine

Post by Tech_Marco »

Folks

After been waiting for almost a year and half, we finally came up our prototype of case frame work for CO2 laser machine constructed based on 30mm extrusion aluminum. We will come up 3 models to accommodate our XY stages: 600x400, 900x600, and 1200x900. First batch of frame should be available to sell in about 3 weeks and direct shipped from China. The price of first 10 set will be in discount rate as we need some feedback from our customer to improve the future model.

There mount for the honeycomb is adjustable so you can change the distance as much 150mm (6"). An optional front coverage and laser extension cage is available at reasonable cost. Four high quality wheels with stands are included. Shipping to USA roughly cost $250.

Marco
Attachments
Frame640.jpg
Tech_Marco

Re: Aluminum frame/ case for CO2 laser machine

Post by Tech_Marco »

Update: frame for 600x400 XY stage is completed. We're in the process of prototyping a frame for 900x600 and 1200x900. It should be available to purchase in two weeks. During this time, shipment from China through DHL or UPS is the only way to ship.

Note: XY stage, honeycomb, front cover, extension cage (for bigger tube) are optional.

Price (estimated):
- 600x400 $550
- 900x600 $650
- 1200x900 $895

Front coverage with a handle and two hinges: $65, $75, $85
Extension tube cage: $25

Marco
Attachments
Frame1.jpg
Frame2.jpg
Frame3_honeycomb.jpg
Frame4_withXY.jpg
Frame5_withXY2.jpg
Frame6B.jpg
Frame6F.jpg
Frame7_withDoor.jpg
Axeman

Post by Axeman »

Wow Marco, wow! That has made my day...

So do these come with the XY stage? Or is it strictly built to have the XY in...just not included.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Axeman wrote:Wow Marco, wow! That has made my day...

So do these come with the XY stage? Or is it strictly built to have the XY in...just not included.

:lol: Sorry to disappoint you but this fame doesn't include the XY stage or the honeycomb. Each 640 setup requires 7x6M (140 ft) 30mm extrusion aluminum to build. There is about 180x angles and almost 400 screws required. When everything added up, you know how much it would cost. In US, I think it cost about $800 offer by other party but I'm asking about $550 for a set.

Marco
Axeman

Post by Axeman »

:lol: That IS a lot of parts.

But that's ok...I plan on building a second machine exactly like this, so it's convenient that you posted this! It'll be a year yet before I can afford to do that...but hey, still worth it!
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Once we mass production it, I think the cost may drop a bit. Plus, I will offer discount if anyone buy a complete set: XY stage, frame, DSP, and tube

;) Marco
Axeman

Post by Axeman »

Marco seriously...you keep making me spend more money. My last hobby was expensive...now this one has turned into business (but building more lasers is still hobby).

Damn you and your awesome equipment! :lol:

Any plans to get RF compatible power supplies?
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Axeman wrote:Marco seriously...you keep making me spend more money. My last hobby was expensive...now this one has turned into business (but building more lasers is still hobby).

Damn you and your awesome equipment! :lol:

Any plans to get RF compatible power supplies?

You said that too earlier as I will have more goodies to show in next few months!
So, prepare more "Franklin" ($100 bill) :D

I can get 10W or 20W RF tube and I may be able to get the 36v DC poeer supply for thr RF. I will ask it for you

Marco
Meshal

Post by Meshal »

Very interested to get the 900x600 version. any news when these frames will be available Marco ?
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

It will be available in a week. But we have to ship it from China until an ocean shipment is available. For the ocean shipment, it will take about two months

Marco
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Frame kits are ready to ship (from China)
http://www.lightobject.com/Laser-CNC-C11.aspx

note: xy stage and the front cover are not included

Marco
Meshal

Post by Meshal »

Hi Marco, and Happy Newyear :D

How about the Insertion Square Nuts and bolts for skin fixing, are they included in the kit ? and what is the width of the frame ?. and why door set is sold separately ?

It is good idea to make it in two versions, 1- compact (desk type) and 2- with built-in stand (the one that show in the pictures) .
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Sorry to reply you late. I was so busy since my return from China. I sometimes lost 'track' to the forum and forgot to answer some post.

As you can see, the smaller frame is 640 and the big one is 1290. Even though the 640 is considered 'big' and you hardly can find a able strong enough to support it. Remember that the oversize is way bigger than the 640. The actual size is something 900x600 (roughly). So that there is no reason to make it 'deskTop'. The one for 1290 stage is even bigger and heavier. We use 40mm extrusion aluminum to build the frame (picture showing 30mm only, will update the image once we built one).

We tested the one for 640 stage with a glass of water sitting on top of the frame, we barely see the water moving. The wheel installed at the bottom comes with a stand. It lock up on the ground firmly. I'll try to post the video that my tech who made it

Regarding the door, some may like it but some don't. That's why I make it separated. It comes with two hydraulic struck and it cost more. Some folks may just use a piece of acrylic, bend it and make a simple front door. It save them $65~75.

Marco ;)
Axeman

Post by Axeman »

Hey Marco,

Are there any thoughts towards having a power Z-table to match this frame as well? Or will a guy have to get creative and add one himself later...;)
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

We can do 640, 960, and 1290 power "Z" but not the 1800x1200 as it is too big and too heavy. The power Z is stainless made and each one weight over 100lb.
We're designing a new style power 'Z' table and hopfully we can have a prototype ready in 3 months. I'll import a few extrusion aluminum bar like the 30mm and 40mm type from coming ocean shipment.

Marco

Return to “CO2 Laser Discussion”